JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

titan starting problem

Old 06-27-2007, 09:19 PM
MLefebvre

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default titan starting problem

~S~

A friend of mine have a Titan. ( problem): almost each time we try to start it the temperature goes up to fast and the turbine seize .[sm=confused_smile.gif]

We have lower the propane % first ( no good result )
after a couple of hour of head scratching[sm=confused.gif] we have try to control the kerosene at startup with the manual shut up valve and it works ,. With the manual valve we have been able to control the flow of kerosene and at the same time the heat at startup , turbine run perfect after that.

We have lower the voltage of the pump at startup and the problem almost disappear ( from .225 v to .125v)

Something to do for 100% safe start?

Sorry for my english

Martin Lefebvre
Canada
Old 06-29-2007, 02:15 PM
mr_matt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: titan starting problem

Quote:
ORIGINAL: MLefebvre

~S~

A friend of mine have a Titan. ( problem): almost each time we try to start it the temperature goes up to fast and the turbine seize .[sm=confused_smile.gif]

We have lower the propane % first ( no good result )
after a couple of hour of head scratching[sm=confused.gif] we have try to control the kerosene at startup with the manual shut up valve and it works ,. With the manual valve we have been able to control the flow of kerosene and at the same time the heat at startup , turbine run perfect after that.

We have lower the voltage of the pump at startup and the problem almost disappear ( from .225 v to .125v)

Something to do for 100% safe start?

Sorry for my english

Martin Lefebvre
Canada

Hi Martin,

Your troubleshooting is good, as you lower this startup voltage the startup temps should lower. The good news is that your turbine likely is very powerful, so if you can control the startup you should be able to have a nice powerful turbine.

Call me at (805) 907-4462 and I can help you with other tips to enjoy this turbine!

Regards,

Old 06-29-2007, 07:58 PM
MLefebvre

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: titan starting problem

Thank`s he will be happy

Martin