Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Little dissapointment:

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 08:18 AM
avicom
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Little dissapointment:

Hi my friend Titan came back form service. The goods is that all job and also the upgrade to SE version was free of charge, all cover by warranty. Well now the bad part. My friend called me that his turbine is doing the same as before he sent it to service. The engine start normally and smooth to running stage. But if the throttle stick is move fast from idel to half or full the engine start doing some ugly gurglin sound. Eventually the acceleration is not good and he is afraid to fly with the engine doing this. First time with the problem cause a flame out in the final touch, lucky he was in touch down.

Matt the ecu version is 6.00 D. Apparently we need a special code to unlock the ecu and set the correct parameters. Can you get me this info so I can try to help my friend. Is kinda hard try to do it at the same time we are in the phone. Can't get together to do this due to the time frame difference with JC and different working schedles between my friend and I. Also JC is close weekends.

Rgs
Alejandro
Old 10-01-2007, 09:45 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Little dissapointment:

Hi Alejandro,

I will get in touch with Bob after a couple of work calls and get back with you via PM.

Sorry about the trouble, I will be in touch,

Old 10-01-2007, 06:31 PM
avicom

Thanks Matt, if you can find the instruccions on how to unlock the ecu and the parameters need to adjust will be a great help. Send this info to my email [email protected] or pm me. The instuccion manual don't say anything about ramping settings or just we do not know how to get there by just looking the manual. I will look forward.

Best regards
Alejandro
Old 10-14-2007, 06:39 PM
avicom

Hi Matt, finally I test the Titan today. It took me some attemps with different settings, but at the end it looks that she is running a lot better. Now my friend can push the stick more faster and the engine stops the burping sound a lot. She now start accelerating and about 19,000 rpm you can hera a small pause lest say 1/2 second and the go to max rpm suddenly. But the burping sound is almost gone. And the delay in the ramping from 55,000rpm up is much much better now. Thanks again for your support.

Best Regards
Alex
Old 11-06-2007, 08:03 PM
F-15 Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought that was something like compressor surge, idk, I read alot of books on model and full size jet engines so I know what some things are, even though I never operated a jet engine.[]