Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Fail safe

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 05:15 PM
jetnuno

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Fail safe

Hi

I just bought a P160 SE and having been playing arround with the GSU. Not very user friendly must the most complete to my knowledge. Nevertheless I have been trying to program the fail safe following the instruction manual and the F that was supposed to appear when you turn the emiter off, never shows up and the throtle pulses stand still in the RC-check menu. I have a Futaba 9CAP and I am running the Weatronics receiver. I have tried both F and H (hold) mode in the weatronics and it does not work.

I am about to try the turbine but do not want to be airborne without the fail safe.

Thanks.

Nuno
Old 01-07-2008, 05:31 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Fail safe

Hello Nuno,

If the throttle pulse (in the RC check menu) stays the same when you shut down the TX, it means that a failsafe is not being registered by the receiver (the receiver is just "holding" or else the failsafe is set to whatever pulse width you happen to have the stick at when you shut the receiver off). Try raising the throttle stick to 1/2 stick and then shutting off the TX and see what the throttle pulse goes to. This will help in the troubleshooting.

I am sorry I don't know anything about the Weatronics receivers but I will try to look into it this afternoon.

EDIT: OK I think I know the problem. With the Weatronics, you set the failsafe in the receiver, not in the TX as you do with a normal PCM receiver. So set the Weatronics into the F mode and on the screen for the throttle channel output, run the slider all the way down (100% low) and then set the transmitter to +/- 70% ATV.

Relearn RC and it should work.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Old 01-11-2008, 01:10 PM
jetnuno

Thanks Matt

I now have the fail safe available by doing your recomendation, but when I turn the TX power down, I check in the RC check menu and the throttle pulse is at hold. After 0,1 sec it should stick at 50.000 rpm (1/3 throttle) and after 3 seconds it should shut down. Is it normal that the rc-check menu does not show the pulses and throtle position when TX is off?

Regards

nuno
Old 01-14-2008, 12:22 AM
mr_matt

Does the small "F" show up on the run menu when you turn the transmitter off? If so you are fine.

I am not sure what the RC check menu will show on a failsafe, I believe it will show 0% throtlel but I will have to check tomorrow.

Regards,
Old 01-14-2008, 06:14 PM
jetnuno

Yes Matt, the F shows up, but in the Rc Check menu the throttle and rc pulse stand still when tx is turned off. I suppose that either way the fail safe is active and the fail safe delay and time out get in action.
Please let me know if this is normal or else I just have to turn off the tx with the turbine running to check it out. Not a pleasent thing to do anyway.

Thanks

Nuno
Old 01-15-2008, 06:13 AM
stevo_m

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep me posted on this one guys, I've been trying to get my head around this one recently and have just resorted to using the RX failsafe rather than the turbine.

Steve
Old 01-15-2008, 10:42 AM
mr_matt

ORIGINAL: jetnuno

Yes Matt, the F shows up, but in the Rc Check menu the throttle and rc pulse stand still when tx is turned off. I suppose that either way the fail safe is active and the fail safe delay and time out get in action.
Please let me know if this is normal or else I just have to turn off the tx with the turbine running to check it out. Not a pleasent thing to do anyway.

Thanks

Nuno

Hi Nuno,

On my radio, the pulse (width in msec) changes but the percentage does not. Since you are getting the "F" symbol you are fine.

regards,

Old 01-17-2008, 02:38 PM
mr_matt

Only throttle pulse width is checked, so a missing "AUX" pulse will not result in a failsafe.

Regards,

Old 01-17-2008, 05:08 PM
jetnuno

So...

If the F appears I am ready to go?

Nuno
Old 01-17-2008, 08:15 PM
mr_matt