Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > JetCat Turbine Direct Support
Reload this Page >

Update on my new P70/Reaction

Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Update on my new P70/Reaction

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 08:00 PM
racer8297
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on my new P70/Reaction

Just a quick note. I now have 5 successfull flights on my new Reation 54 with the Jetcat P70. A big thanks to Mr Matt for helping me get my failsafe properly setup with my Spektrum Module. The Jetcat turbine has been flawless.

Thanks Matt,
Jim
Old 04-14-2008, 02:07 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Update on my new P70/Reaction

ORIGINAL: racer8297

Just a quick note. I now have 5 successfull flights on my new Reation 54 with the Jetcat P70. A big thanks to Mr Matt for helping me get my failsafe properly setup with my Spektrum Module. The Jetcat turbine has been flawless.

Thanks Matt,
Jim

Sounds great, Jim! My 83 year old dad is building a Reaction 54 now. We hope to get her going this summer with a P-70 (serial number #1).

Thanks for the update and glad you like the setup!

Regards,

Old 04-14-2008, 02:19 PM
racer8297
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Update on my new P70/Reaction

Hi Matt,

Your father is going to love this airplane. With the P70 it has some snot. But it slows down to a walk for landing. Just don''t balance it too nose heavy.

I mounted my P70 1" further toward the front and cut out 3/4" from the end of the boat tail to clear the starter motor. It took 1.25 pounds in the nose to balance it. In turns it nosed down a little (nothing unmanagable) so I took 2 ounces out. Now it''s perfect. Balances at 7" from the leading edge.

My Reaction is glassed and painted and weighs in at 23 pounds with the extra ballast. I flew it last Sunday in heavy cross winds. Our 20 mph wind sock was straight out. Landing was easy in those conditions.

Jim