Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

P80 ECU reboots w/ GSU

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 02:35 AM
justinh
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P80 ECU reboots w/ GSU

My P80 just started acting up and now whenever I plug the GSU in or out, the turbine reboots (startup beeps). so if the turbine is running and i plug the GSU in, the reset causes it to shutdown.

Was taxiing out to fly today and the RPM sagged below idle then spooled up slow and got real hot and shot flames out the back. Have had a few missed starts lately with slow acceleration after it lights on propane but would always run fine once started.

Anyone else experienced anything like this? Wondering what it might be.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:05 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: P80 ECU reboots w/ GSU

Hello,

I will check with the factory on Monday, a single issue that causes both symptoms does not come to mind. I will try hard to find out before the weekend but no promises. The second issue sounds like a bad pump so you might want to try a spare if you have one.

Regards,
Old 08-15-2008, 04:26 PM
justinh
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: P80 ECU reboots w/ GSU

I talked to someone at jetcat yesterday and boxed everything up and sent it in. Figures.. best weather we've had all year and can't fly. oh well =\

Still curious if anyone has ever seen anything like this before.. it seems rather wierd.