Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Bendix Blues

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 11:18 PM
sandslx
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bendix Blues

Got around to starting a motor that I had re-built last summer. I hooked it up and ran great 2 days ago. Then tonight as soon as I turned on the RX the bendix kicks over. I dont know how to trouble shoot this. I tried a temp calibration but as soon as you finish the calibration the bendix kicks on. It also turns over as soon as you are finished with the learn RC menu. I am stumped.

Justin Sands

team JR
BVM rep

Old 04-06-2010, 03:49 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Bendix Blues

I think you will find the Bendix is mechanical and can only kick in if the starter motor is turning, if you are saying that the Bendix is engaged when you first power up your turbine then it would seem it is stuck in the engaged position, try giving the starter motor a good wobble and see if this dissengages it, if not take the starter motor off and have a look to see what is causing the Bendix to not dissengage.

Mike
Old 04-06-2010, 07:00 AM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

could be several things but it won't be the starter its self so the above post won't help, if you don't have an erroneous temp reading causing the ECU to go into cool down then the ECU can have a stuck relay, sometimes you can 'un-stick' it by tapping the ECU lightly otherwise you need to send the ECU in for a little repair work. you can also unplug the IO board to eliminate it, i've seen it cause starter motoring once.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:32 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Justin,

What si the temp reading the minute you plug everything in? As KC said that can cause it, also have the transmitter antenna (on wideband, not 2.4) too close to the ECU with the antenna up can cause this as well.

My guess is something to do with the temperature sensing.

Let me know what you find out,
Old 04-06-2010, 06:33 PM
sandslx
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More trouble shooting found that the culprit was a faulty conductor cable.........I installed another cable I had laying around and it works 4.0! Then just for giggles I plugged the faulty cable into the GSU and it would not even light up the display screen. So into the trash it goes.

Hurray For me!

Justin