Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > JetCat Turbine Direct Support
Reload this Page >

Jetcat P-80 Temperature problem

Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Jetcat P-80 Temperature problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 10:23 PM
Guillermo Ibanez
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetcat P-80 Temperature problem

Hi:

After reinstalling my P-80 turbine on my F-16 after a minor landing gear supports repair at her second flight, I tried to test my turbine and a Temp error reading is displaying on the GSU that read -E- and 109°C blinking.

The green LED is also blinking. If I move the temp sensor that is over the turbine body and sometimes the green LED stop blinking but the temp reading is still -E- and 109. When green LED stop blinking, and I hit the auto start switch, the I/O board LEDs start the starting sequence and the turbine start to spin but it stops and a Temp error is displayed on the GSU.

I loosed the allen screw that hold the temp sensor to the phone jack board and I noted that the temp probe can be pulled out from the heat shrink protection.

I removed the heat shrink and I found that both wires that come out from the temperature sensor to the board, are broken.
Can I resolder it? Or do I need to get a new one? Turbine has less than 2 hours after serviced at Jet Cat in late 2008 after a jet crash. Turbine was new at this time (first flight). I don´t know if the temp. sensor was serviced at this time, but this turbine has only 2 flights after serviced (Total of 3 flight since new), so I don't understand why temp. proble wires are broken.

See pictures

BRG
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60244.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	1417697   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jf11361.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	1417698   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va70921.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	1417699   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ng99451.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	1417700  
Old 04-14-2010, 05:14 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Jetcat P-80 Temperature problem

Hi Guillermo,

I answered this in the main formum, sorry for the late reply.

IIRC, this is the same proble as used on everything but the P-60 and P-180/200.

They can break in shipping, or from just wear and tear, I have gone without breaking one for hundreds upon hundreds of runs so it is not something that gets normal periodic replacement like a bearing.

Let me know if you need one expedited and I will bug Bob for you.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:40 PM
Guillermo Ibanez
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jetcat P-80 Temperature problem

Thanks Matt

I read your post on the main forum

I already ordered one from BVM

Hope I will receive it next week. I live outside USA.

I think the problem is because the sensor rod is bent frequently when installing or removing the turbine from the model. I think that if the rod is fixed to the board with lets say hot melt silicone, when the rod is bent, it do not subjet to tension the wires. Or the rod can be fixed to the turbine body with some type of insulating support.

Just my 2c

BRG