RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   JetCat Turbine Direct Support (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jetcat-turbine-direct-support-151/)
-   -   P60 SE propane start issue (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jetcat-turbine-direct-support-151/11667369-p60-se-propane-start-issue.html)

legamin 07-21-2019 08:02 AM

P60 SE propane start issue

Hello,

I have a p60 on one of my plane. Last week I decided to convert to kero sart and followed the instructions. ECU was switched to kero start mode ( ECU V6.0). I performed several attempts to start the engine without any result. Because we are in the summer and the plane fly a lot I decided to not investigate more and return to original propane configuration. I made a entirly new propane plumbing and reinstaled a common glowplug for propane start.
During start atempts I got no propane light up ( no I didn't forget to reconfigurate ECU to propane start).
After investigation I can say that there is no voltage delivered to the glow plug during start sequence.

I determined that by simply initiating a start sequence with the glow plug removed but connected to the turbine ( positive with the glow plug cap and ground contact established on the turbine case) the glow plug stayed cold. I also measured the voltage with a voltmeter, it remain zero.......

the glow plug is ok ( tested on a other glow plug power source)
the glow plug power in the ECU programation is set to the default 2.1V.

Before I send turbine for repair, I would like to know if I could have induced a kind of bug in the ECU when I switched from one start mode to the other and if a procedure exist to perform a factory reset of the ECU

thanks a lot

Dave Wilshere 07-21-2019 09:29 AM

You sure the rubber cap has slipped and the brass tube is not making contact?

legamin 07-21-2019 10:13 AM

thanks for reply, yes I am sure of that,

Thud_Driver 07-21-2019 11:14 AM

Before you send it in, you might as well do the same glow plug test using the Glow Plug Power test in the Test Functions menu. Page 39 in the manual I have. Same thing, plug out, cap attached, plug touching case. If that fails, likely you have a blown power board, probably one of the FET's in the ECU (or at least whatever controls the FET for the glow plug). Why it would happen, I don't know.

To do a soft ECU reset, hold the Select Menu button down while powering on. Hold the button past Learn R/C, past Calibrate Temp until it does the reset. Probably 15-20 seconds total. Very unlikely this will accomplish anything to fix the problem.

legamin 07-21-2019 02:14 PM

thks for your reply, I will do that tomorrow ( it's 12 pm here) and I'll let you know. By the way turbine need to go in maintenance it need a 25 hrs checkup and I have a spare turbine that can go in the plane.

legamin 07-21-2019 11:38 PM

Hello again,

I performed ECU factory reset and test the glow plug voltage all the way possibles, no volts. Turbine will be removed from the plane and send for repair. Thank you for your kind help on that issue

JohnVH 07-22-2019 07:56 AM

Whos the place to talk to these days for jetcat support/parts? I have an old 120 that possibly needs service, propane valve...

CARS II 07-22-2019 09:10 AM

For service and parts, DreamWorks, George is your go to guy, complete the request form before you send it, you will find the form on the DW site, email George your questions.

JohnVH 07-22-2019 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by CARS II (Post 12538881)
For service and parts, DreamWorks, George is your go to guy, complete the request form before you send it, you will find the form on the DW site, email George your questions.

Will do, thanks!