Community
Search
Notices
Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

.56 back plate mount screws

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 01:16 PM
mumblety-peg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .56 back plate mount screws

Hi All,

I'm planning to use the engine backplate mount that comes with the GP viper for my Jett .56. There was a notice in the kit stating that 5-40 bolts are needed. That I should not use bolts included in this kit. Is this still the case? If so, where can I get these.

Thanks
Mum

"If installing a high performance Nelson or Jett engine on a Viper 500, the proper size engine backplate mounting
screw to use with the engine mounting plate included with the Viper ARF is ½" x 5-40. These screws are not
provided with the Viper ARF. These screws are available through Jett Engineering, phone number 713-680-8113.
The 4-40 screws that are included with the Viper ARF are NOT suitable for use with the Nelson or Jett engines.
"
Old 08-20-2012, 05:10 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: .56 back plate mount screws

Dub can send you longer bolts if needed. Email him [email protected]

Or also I recommend McMaster Carr (not expensive, will have them in a day or so).

Bob