Community
Search
Notices
Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

Jett .90 carb / OPS .65

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 09:48 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jett .90 carb / OPS .65

Just a quick note of support - I finally actually flew my OPS Speed .65 with the Jett .90 carb Dub machined to fit for me. Already bench run a few times. This combination works flawlessly, the engine throttles as well as you could hope for and idle is reliable, transition quick. Very troublefree setup. Gobs of top end.

And since the cost of carb and machining was very reasonable, I know what I will be doing when time comes to retrofit a couple of other engines waiting in the wings.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:54 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jett .90 carb / OPS .65

Hey!

Awesome to hear. And very pleased it is working well. When ya get a chance, post a few photos of the aircraft/installation please?

Bob
Old 09-21-2012, 11:18 AM
MJD

ORIGINAL: bob27s

Hey!

Awesome to hear. And very pleased it is working well. When ya get a chance, post a few photos of the aircraft/installation please?

Bob
You can see the engine and carb as I was fitting it to the airframe here: [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=9230502]OPS .65/Jett carb[/link]

And a bench run of the engine (but no close ups of the carb) here: [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6As9jreMlDA]OPS .65 bench run[/link]

I'll try to remember to get some video of it throttling on the ground next time I'm flying.

Mike
Old 09-25-2012, 10:32 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome
does seem like a great setup
Old 09-26-2012, 05:08 PM
MJD

The only "problem" I identified was the the fact that the wall thickness on the carb neck was pretty thin after machining to fit, so don't get too enthusiastic with the torque on the pinch bar nut. So far nothing has rattled loose on the bench runs or flights, all good. No loose parts sucked into the rear intake either, yet..