Community
Search
Notices
Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

SJ .26 Weight?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 08:18 PM
iAlex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SJ .26 Weight?

Was just curious if the 16.7 oz weight of the .46 Sport Jett was with the muffler or without?

Thanks,

Alex
Old 10-08-2007, 11:36 PM
Pathous
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: SJ .26 Weight?

Alex the web sight shows the weight with muffler spinner nut and glow plug.

Scott
Old 10-09-2007, 08:07 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Default RE: SJ .26 Weight?

ORIGINAL: iAlex

Was just curious if the 16.7 oz weight of the .46 Sport Jett was with the muffler or without?

Thanks,

Alex
Hi Alex,

Thank you for writing.

The SJ-46, ready to fly (with muffler, glow plug) is just at 17oz. So the 16.7 is pretty close if you were to use a standard prop nut.

Engine only weight is about 13.5 oz - engines do vary a slight bit.

The prop nuts actually weight a bit more than they did 4-5 years ago. I'm not sure I compenstated for that.

For comparison, the SJ-60LX high output version (same size as the 46) weights just a bit more engine only, but has pretty much the same flying weight at 17oz because the muffler is a bit shorter/lighter.

AAC versions of the engines weight a bit less. The BSE engines tend to weight a little bit more.

Every so often there is a tiny bit of weight creep should Dub decide to increase a thickness, or change a material or something releated to durability. The current sleeve design and newer crankcases probably added a few grams I should account for.

I probably should weight some engines and update the website just to be sure. I strive to keep accurate information on there for complete, as delivered engines.

The two engine in images here were weighed recently.... for a more visible reference.

I hope this is helpful.

Bob

Since your post title might confuse some folks, let me put the mini-block engine weights here too..

BSE-25 thru BSE-35 weight between 14.0 and 14.7oz depending on engine size and whether it is AAC or ABC

and for comparison..... engine only weight

OS25FX ABN 248g (8.8 oz)
OS 32SX ABN 270g (9.5oz)
Jett BSE.30 AAC 273g (9.6 oz)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13415.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	779444   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31116.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	129.9 KB