Community
Search
Notices
Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

rpm comparo

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 08:40 AM
russm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rpm comparo

bob, any numbers w/ the 60lx or 90lx, standard gold lx muffler verses the turbo setup. i am thinking about one of these engines in a revolver. had a 91fx-jett muffler in one and it was a nice setup. also, i have still been going through to many glow plugs w/ these engines. never a problem with any other engine. thanks, russ
Old 06-13-2008, 09:44 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rpm comparo

Hi Russ.....

Yeah, you are not the only one with blowing plugs. Its hit-or-miss. Dub has tried a few design refinements on the 60LX and I think he found something useful change to the muffler. The refinements he combined into his Sundowner test engine worked great, but even so, out of know where, it will toast a plug for no real good reason.

As best as we can tell, the plugs actually survive full throttle ...... its looking like the transition down from full throttle that you end up popping them. Another focus is the muffler and exhaust gas temps. Its a bit of a mystery. The engine is not that much different from the SJ-50 and SJ-50LX. Dub continues to work on that.

The 90LX has been ok on plugs - mine has had no issues, the same plug has been in it for a while. Usually the complain is on throttle transition in some cases. An OS-F plug usually solves that.

The LX engines will run on a turbo-jett. But they will not perform like they do with the dedicated gold muffler. I have not tried one, so I can not relate any specific RPM or performance.