Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW??????

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 04:51 AM
CMY SIX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW??????

I will try to keep this short. ME, novice, flying a simulator for over a year, first plane Big Stik .60 ARF O.S. 75 AX. I got my Dx6i in a trade with a friend, he flys 3D electric's{very good pilot!} I bought a spectrum 6200 Rx{ebay} joined club {SGVRCL} FIRST flight 30 year pilot helped set up plane, radio, throws, dual rates etc... first range check not good, rebind, second range check good! First flight, another 30 year pilot at controls ends in crash{8 mins into flight}sounded like plane went into fail safe mode,pilot could not recover, in it went! when recovered everything worked! rebuild plane, radio and Rx back to Spektrum. Specktrum update's the Tx firmware, new tirm switch'es, gimble's, test's, give's clean bill of health! Spectrum replace'es Rx with new one THIS IS ALL FREE OF CHARGE! LAST SUNDAY SECOND FLIGHT, same pilot helps me set up plane and Tx, range check 3 times all from farther and farther out! VERY GOOD! 40 year pilot at controls this time, very windy day, taxi it all over runway{5 mins} take off 10 mins into flight, nose down dive full throttle, inverted, trying to pull out say's he's not getting ANY elevator input, it starts to pull out but it's to late! hit's the top of a cyclone fence and....CONFETTI! it's not rebuildable this time! collect wreckage, whats left still works! WELL is it the Tx, Rx, half tell me it's the Tx, other half tells me it's the plane, should I quit the hobby while I'm $ ahead, or buy another Rx,Tx combo, plane and keep trying, just Rx or Tx ANY IDEA"S, THOUGHTS would be appreciated! thank you!
Old 12-01-2010, 06:16 AM
JIMF14D

Default RE: WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW??????

What size RX/servo battery are you using. These Rx are sensitive to voltage brown out. If you have big servo load the Rx goes to sleep it seems.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:23 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've also heard of a bunch of counterfeit Spektrum RX's around - by buying off ebay, you may have gotten one of those. Reports have been mixed on them, I'd buy from a reputable LHS or direct from an authorized Spektrum dealer.

check here:

http://spektrumrc.com/Articles/Artic...ArticleID=2162

Old 12-01-2010, 09:19 AM
CMY SIX

2150mAh 5 cell  6.0 volt NiMH  Spektrum battery  and yes I know about conterfits. but Spectrum even says they don't know of any copied AR6200's. thats whaI thought of the first crash. but spectrum replaced that Rx with a brand new one with the new "firmware" so that take care of the second being the same thing