Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Bishop\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'s Stortford,
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Programming the DX8 for four wing servos

I was thinking of getting the Sebart bipe which has four servos but then began to wonder if there is a useable wing setup in the DX8 and if not will one be added. wht would be the best way of programming the DX8 for these four seperate wing servos? The only wing type shown is for flaps so the nearest is two aileron and two flaps which is NOT what is required.
    Nigel Smith
    À coeur vaillant rien d\'\'\'\'impossible

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Programming the DX8 for four wing servos

I haven't tried a 4 servo wing yet but I have read it's pretty easy and very capable of running all the mixes for a four servo wing.
    Enhanced Wing Type ProgrammingWhen selecting a wing type for an airplane, Spektrum AirWare graphically depicts the type you've chosen and will automatically configure the necessary mixes for the pilot. This saves time and reduces the chances for error when programming complex control surface configurations.
    http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...ProdID=SPM8800

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Programming the DX8 for four wing servos

Nigel,

I take it you're looking for a 4-aileron setup, correct? I'm not familiar with the airplane you mention. Are you using inner and outer ailerons, or dual servos on two ailerons?

Either way, the 2-Ail/2-Flap configuration will work for you. Leave the Flap System settings at 0, then mix Aileron to RFL (Right Flap). If that doesn't give the right movement, change it to LFL. I have my DX8 packed up right now, but I'll be able to test in the morning when I get to work.

Drop me a PM to remind me, please.

Andy
    Andy Kunz - AMA 46063
    Spektrum Development Team