Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

9309 & Opto Kill switch setup

Old 12-19-2010, 03:07 PM
Big Windy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9309 & Opto Kill switch setup

I have a new second gasser heli (other on a 9C) and am trying to install a Stator Gator Gov pick up and an Opto magneto kill switch on the gear channel. I am also using a Spectrum 7100R reveiver. The Kill switch and Gov pickup share the same input via the gear channel, which I am told should work. I do not see how the kill switch wil be activated, but it does appear the gear switch shows movement on the servo veiw when toggled. Unfortunately the magneto version kill switch has no indicator light to show on or off.

Can anyone confirm if the Opto magneto kill switch and stator Gator can cohabitate on the gear channel (as I have hear they will)? If so what is the appropriate setup procedure?
Does the gear switch function as the kill switch or can it be assigned to a different switch and how? If on the gear switch how can you tell if on or off initially?
What is the appropriate govenor starting set up for a Rev Max? On my 9c you calculate or start at 70% and work up. I saw a reference on the 9309 to 10% and 20%.

Is there somewhere is can get more information on the 9309/PUH231/magneto kill witch/ and magneto Stator Gator setup?

Thanks for any help possible.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:34 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 343 Likes on 274 Posts
Default RE: 9309 & Opto Kill switch setup

Where do you fly?

Bring it out to Jax RC and we can take a look.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:47 AM
Big Windy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fly at Island Flyers on Amelia Island. It is a small club operating off A1A at North Hampton area.

I have several Raptor 50, AW 30 & 50 sized Airplannes as a couple electrics as well.

When is the best time to come to the field for help?

Old 12-20-2010, 10:09 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 343 Likes on 274 Posts

It depends on the weather and of course this weekend is Christmas but in general, we are around most weekends. 15 to 20 helis around on a weekend is common.

I'm not saying I'm an expert in that combination but I'm very good with JR radios so we should be able to make some progress on it.

I'm off on Friday so I'll be out there from 9ish till 2 or so this Friday and maybe on Sunday depending on the weather.

http://www.jaxrc.com is our web site, you're welcome any time of course so long as you have AMA