Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Trouble W/ Ar7000 receiver

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 04:09 PM
smoknrv4
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble W/ Ar7000 receiver

I'm setting up my OMP profile Yak and have run into a Hiccup with the DX7/ar7000 rec.
Everything HAS been working fine until today, when I turn on the transmitter then receiver, as usual, I get nothing. The main receiver LED is on solid and the Sat. receiver is flashing, but no movement from anything,the servos center themselves... but no movement when I move the sticks around, what am I doing wrong here, also I have bound everything properly as per manual. Isn't the SAT. receiver supposed to be a solid LED also not flashing? BTW I am new to 2.4.
Any help would be appreciated.

Also My foamies are working fine With the ar6100e receivers, so I dont think its the transmitter.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:35 PM
V2PLUS10

Default RE: Trouble W/ Ar7000 receiver

It might be the cable between the main rx and the satelite....try carefully unpluging the cable on both ends and then plug them back in securely, re-bind and see if the trouble returns...you are correct about the light on the satelite, it also should be steady when properly bound....do you have another satelite or another cable to try?

randy
Old 01-10-2011, 05:09 PM
smoknrv4

I don't have another Sat. receiver to try, but I did try to unplug and then plug it back in to the main receiver and it started the servos started to work again, but the SAT. led was still flashing, so I turned off the receiver switch then the transmitter and then turned on the transmitter then receiver to try it again and nothing again.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:08 PM
V2PLUS10

Be sure to bind the tx and rx again. It is always a good idea to re-bind when you have made programing or equipment changes.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:25 PM
smoknrv4

Yep did that, still can't get it the work, SAT still flashing.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:29 PM
V2PLUS10

If it were me I'd send the sat in or just get a new one, new cable as well....or better yet send the ar7000 in to Horizon along with the sat and have them checked out.....
Old 01-10-2011, 09:57 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is also a good idea to make sure you are not near any large metal buildings or metal fences. I had a model with an AR9000 and I had no problem with Binding. I took it to an airport with several large metal hangars nearby. I made some changes to the radio setup in the aircraft and tried to rebind next to one of these hangars. After the Bind Process, one of the lights on the main Rx was flashing, but the other light on the main Rx and the light on the Satellite, were solid. No servo movement.

I called Horizon and they warned me about Binding near large metal buildings. I took the aircraft out to the grass runway, away from the metal buildings, and I was able to Bind without issue. I never had a Bind problem after that and no glitches either.

Just a thought!!

Also, be wary of leaning your DX7 back against any object and then turning it on. The Bind Button on the DX7 is very large and protrudes out the back. If it is Depressed, while turning on the DX7, you will have to ReBind. In my case, the DX7 was leaning against a 2x4 rail on one of our Flight Stands. The Bind Button lined up with the edge of the rail, perfectly. I did this twice in a row before realizing what had happened.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: smoknrv4

Yep did that, still can't get it the work, SAT still flashing.
Well I wouldn't get too carried away with sending stuff into Horizon just yet....

In addition to what Rich mentioned if his suggestions don't work;

The satellite rx leads are pretty fragile and the first step would be to change out that lead if disconneting and re-connecting it didn't work. Got an LHS who might have the spare leads in stock or a friend you could borrow one from for trouble shooting purposes? The next step would involve changing out the satellite rx and I realize you said that you did not have an extra, probably not a bad idea to keep a spare as well as an extra lead or two around. I know the extra lead would be less expensive than shipping from Canada and you may want to call Horizon in the morning and see if they have other options.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:23 PM
radius1x1

Seen this b4. You have the servo ends int the receiver reversed. Check Polarity carefully, that should do it
Old 01-11-2011, 05:20 PM
smoknrv4

Polarity is fine. I was putterin' again and did another re-bind, still nothing, but I removed the SAT. cord from the main REC and bingo the servos were moving now without the SAT plugged in, but I turned system off to try it again, and again...nothing.
I'm getting a little frustrated, this is a brand new receiver, that came with my DX7 package and my first experience w/ 2.4, not working out to well!
Old 01-11-2011, 06:21 PM
V2PLUS10

I had a similar problem with an AR9000 w/one satelite. Worked fine after binding but once the rx power was cycled the sat lost it's bind and nothing worked. I re-seated the sat cable and everything worked fine... for awhile, and the same problem returned. I replaced both the sat and the cable and no more trouble.

Either buy a new sat/cable or send the whole rx/sat unit in for service......hoping for a "twist this turn that, tap your heels three times" fix could buy you a crash later on....
Old 01-11-2011, 06:44 PM
JoeAirPort

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With something new I wouldn't dink with it. Return it. I had two of these receivers and they didn't do anything like that. They both were easy one-time binds and never had a single issue for a year after that. So that's the same experience you should have, Nothing less. Return it. I had one 6110 that lost a bind a few times. Bam, returned. New one was a breeze like it's supposed to be. Been problem free since I got it. The other 6110 too. Two years on that one. Plug and play.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:12 PM
smoknrv4

I agree, I'm going to return it, how does one go about doing that?
Old 01-11-2011, 07:24 PM
V2PLUS10

If you bought it locally, just take it back with the receipt and explain the problem. They may replace it, or they may just ask you to ship it to Horizon. If you just choose to ship it to Horizon, I'd call them first, (Phone # on the web site), and get the shipping address and any special recomendations for shipping from Canada, as you will probably have to clear customs. I would avoid UPS as they have customs clearing fees. It is small so a padded mailer would work fine...you are doing the right thing. It is frustrating to buy something that does not work when you get it home, but in a week or 10 days it will be fixed, and you will have the latest software/firmware updates....
Old 01-11-2011, 08:12 PM
smoknrv4

Awesome thanks for all the replies guys.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:30 AM
Zeeb

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: smoknrv4

I agree, I'm going to return it, how does one go about doing that?
Yeah a standup LHS would replace the unit but they are not required, nor expected to do so by Horizon.

If the LHS won't exchange the unit for you, Horizon will take care of it but as noted, stay away from UPS and go with regular mail. Make sure you mark the Customs form that it's for a repair and you shouldn't have any duties to pay. A call before sending it in might help walk you through, but basically if you fill out the service request form online they'll issue a repair ticket and number which you can track online as well but you have to pay for return shipping to Horizon. Horizon normally ships items back free of charge in the USA, not sure what the policy is for Canada as it is more expensive to ship cross border.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:21 PM
smoknrv4

My LHS is going to help me out w/ a replacement, how nice is that!
Thanks again for the replies.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:49 PM
V2PLUS10

Excellent! I hope everything works out for you..!

Randy