Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR XP 6102 FIXED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 07:50 AM
TotalWreck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR XP 6102 FIXED!!!

I'm having a issue with my JR XP 6102. When I plug a mono cable into the D.S.C jack the radio will not power up. Also I stuck a small tip paint brush Handel in the jack, and depressed the tiny switch in the jack, (it's supposed to power it up) I also checked all the connections inside with my meter, from the jack to the main board. All wire connections are good. This radio had the battery charger end changed, and I found out why, a Trace on the board is blown that leads to the power jack on the board. So the battery has to be removed for the battery to be charged. But with all this, the radio still functions and works the servos ect as it should.

This radio is pretty old, and I'm not going to spend any money to send it in for repairs, it would be more cost, and trouble than I need. I only paid $55.00 for it and the RX and charger.

But if anyone has any ideas that would be great.

I know for 100% sure the jack is fine.

And I have inspected the board pretty well, even removed the LCD screen and looked at it, did not see any chips or anything blown. Also I went into the hidden service menu and did not see anything in it that might help.

EDIT:

I'm thinking about taking this radio back apart and solider the trace on th board, or just jump it with a wire from point a-to-b, maybe this is a blown ground and may even get the sim trainer part working.

O.K update, I tore the radio down, and solidered a wire, jumped the trace that was blown. That fixed the charging jack, and also fixed the D.S.C trainer/Buddy box port as well.