Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX8 flap and elevator....

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 02:29 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: DX8 flap and elevator....

ORIGINAL: Bo Ingram

I'm just going with the old reliable JR Matchbox. Since retrofitting a number of airframes, I don't wish to reconfiguire all the servos and deal w/the geometry issues,,,et.al...nobody said switching would be easy.

Anyone familiar with mixing engines on a twin.....thnx...Bo
By "mixing engines", do you mean controlling both Throttle servos by connecting each one to a Y Harness or each to a separate channel and Mixing the two channels in the Tx?

You weren't going to Mix the engines with the Rudder, to assist in steering the aircraft?

Old 02-04-2011, 03:05 PM
boingram

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My goal is to have the two engines on seperate channels so I can match engine RPM to a small degree...maybe use the pot on right top of the TX that seems to be a proportional knob....Bo
Old 02-04-2011, 03:08 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a great idea. Twins can be difficult or impossible to control if one engine quits. Some radios have programming specifically for multiple engines, otherwise, the programmable mixer is employed.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:49 PM
willig10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did not read this entire thread, however. I had the same problem and here are your options. I will start with the easiest way.

1. BUY a REVERSED servo. They are available, go to Hitec or whoever your preferred servo provider is and you will see they sell reversed servos. This will allow you to use the "Y" connector.

2. Disassemble the servo and perform the reverse yourself. Not too complicated but can be tedious and you void the warranty as soon as you break the case of the servo.

3. Use another channel and slave it to the elevator. The problem with this is if you are using an airplane with numerous functions you may not have the extra channel available.

NOTE: when using a Y connector ensure that you do not use the amplified Y. It will interfere with Spektrum and JR radios. Buy the Expert Y with the adjustable pot. After the elevators are connected you might find that they do not move assymetrical to each other. On my aircraft this was not a problem and I got them as close as possible.

Hope this helps you.

Regards
Glenn Williams