Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX8 2.xx is it possible?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 02:20 PM
B Shipp
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX8 2.xx is it possible?

I received a notice that the 2.00 and 2.01 updates are available for the DX8 from Spektrum. When i put in my PID I get a message that says I need to return my TX to get the $75.00 upgrade because my DX8 was an early one that cannot be upgraded by software to DSMX capabilities. I am not interested in the upgrade now because the field I fly at has never had more that 8 to 10 people there at any one time. I looks like I will have to send in my TX to be able to do anymore online updates, is this true? I can’t get past the RMA field on the website to upgrade my TX.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:36 PM
confuzshuz
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: DX8 2.xx is it possible?

you are 1 in 400 people that have to return the DX8. However, it's free of charge. those 400 units did not have the encoding installed to enable DSMX. If the online RMA is not working, try giving them a call.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:08 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

ORIGINAL: B Shipp

I received a notice that the 2.00 and 2.01 updates are available for the DX8 from Spektrum. When i put in my PID I get a message that says I need to return my TX to get the $75.00 upgrade because my DX8 was an early one that cannot be upgraded by software to DSMX capabilities.
The update for DX8 is free, and we pay shipping. All you need to do is follow the instructions. Use the community.spektrumrc.com site to do it.

I am not interested in the upgrade now because the field I fly at has never had more that 8 to 10 people there at any one time. I looks like I will have to send in my TX to be able to do anymore online updates, is this true? I can’t get past the RMA field on the website to upgrade my TX.
You obviously don't need the update for your flying, but you will need it to continue to get code updates. The shop's turnaround time has been 1 day for most radios, so the shipping time is the big time hog. Just follow through on the instructions, and your radio will come back to you with 2.01 on it. A few days later you will be able to download your own copy of 2.01 to keep locally should you so desire. After that future updates should only need to be downloaded (that's our intention).

Andy
Old 02-22-2011, 06:30 PM
B Shipp
My Feedback: (13)

Cool, thanks Andy! I will be sending it to you.

Brian-