Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR RD921 2 Battery packs

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 01:03 AM
oldtimer4759

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR RD921 2 Battery packs

hi, I have a JR 9 channel Rx, I would like to use 2 separate 5 cell 2000mah Eneloop battery packs, each with their own separate switch, then into the 2 power ports on the receiver,
I already have a similar set up in another model, but it has a 42% (brand) dual battery setup, it works on the best battery, is there any real advantage in using this system again, or is the first set up as much as I need,
cheers Oldtimer.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:40 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: JR RD921 2 Battery packs

ORIGINAL: oldtimer4759

hi, I have a JR 9 channel Rx, I would like to use 2 separate 5 cell 2000mah Eneloop battery packs, each with their own separate switch, then into the 2 power ports on the receiver,
I already have a similar set up in another model, but it has a 42% (brand) dual battery setup, it works on the best battery, is there any real advantage in using this system again, or is the first set up as much as I need,
cheers Oldtimer.
The 921 has a Batt/Bind port, a Data Port, and 9 Channel ports. Any of these ports can be used to attach Rx batteries, however, you can only Bind through the Batt/Bind port and you can only connect the Flight Logger to the Data port. You can connect one Switch Harness to the Batt/Bind port and one Switch Harness to any of the other ports. You can use a Y harness, in any of the ports, if you already have a Servo plugged in. You can use a Y harness on the Batt/Bind port and Bind through the Y harness. You can use a Y harness on the Data port and connect the Flight Logger through the Y harness.

I do not know what you mean by two Power Ports since you can connect Rx batteries to any of the 11 ports on the Rx. Most people use two at the most.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:37 PM
oldtimer4759

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, thanks for the reply, basically all I was asking was if it is OK to use 2 separate batteries into the Rx, 1 into the Bat/Bind port and the other battery pack into the Data Port, I can now save myself a few $$ by not needing the 2 pack Battery system electronic thingo,
It is only another safety/peace of mind thing on a reasonably expensive model, (for me)
thanks, Oldtimer.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:35 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you!! It should work fine for you.