Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Programing crow

Old 06-13-2011, 05:49 PM
roydefiant

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Programing crow

I have a JR 12 X radio which for the current plane ( a 1/4 scale Mooney) is in PCM mode with a 10 channel S receiver. I am using the FM because the entire airplane is carbon fiber. The ailerons will be on separate channels. The airplane is a real floater and I would like to be able to raise both ailerons as I lower the flaps but obviously keep them operational as ailerons. What would be the best way to program this into the JR12X? Both flap servos will be on separate channels but one of them will be the master for the other. Thanks
Old 06-13-2011, 06:20 PM
ror

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Programing crow

not the right solution.
if it is a floater, then do not use flaps. Flaps are used to slow down during landing but maintaine lift.
The motor is altitude and the elevator is speed. If you can land without flaps and slow it right down with elevator and not stall you are home free.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:54 AM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Roy,
I've done what you're trying to do but is complicated without using the glider software that is on your 12X. I haven't used the 12x, I have a 10X and an old x-347 that both do this as well. Call me at 701-610-6428 and I can explain it better. (it would take a page of typing and I don't know what options that you would like to do, such as still being able to drop the flaps without raising the ailerons on occasion) I used to fly a D7 at the Scale Masters Qualifier in Minnesota, and my dad Mike is a Scale flyers of Minnesota Member.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:18 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The program required will not be complicated. Set up a NORMAL wing in ACRO. Mate one unused channel to the aileron and another to the flap. Then set up a program mix of FLAP -> FPRN.

Allan

Old 06-19-2011, 01:47 PM
roydefiant

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

AWorrest, thanks for your help. You were correct. Once you know what to do it is not complicated. The only thing I would add is that you must use the dual aileron feature in wing type, then you can mix flap to FPRN. Thanks