Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX8 mix

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 04:37 PM
mgm52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX8 mix

I just received my DX8 V2.01. In setting up the planes I have noticed a small quirk. When I go to the switch select screen the flap switch has flaps beside it. If I change it to Inh I cannot go back to flaps. The switch will not change from Inh unless I Inh either the Gear, Aux2 , or Aux3. Then it can be set to accept these. The only way I can get the flap switch to read flaps is to erase the model and start over and not change it.

Another mixing question. I had this my DX7 a Thr-Thr mix assigned to the flap switch in the 0 position. This mix allowed me to have a high idle and 0 flap in the 0 pos , normal thr and 0 flap in the 1 pos and normal thr and flap/ spoilers in the pos 2. I cannot get any of the mixes on the DX8 to be assigned to the flap switch it is not in the switch assignment selection group. In flying pattern I like to have a little higher idle in the air and be allowed to switch it back to normal in landing with spoilers. I have been able to have this on the flap position switch (DX7), saving the other switches for other mixes. Any Ideas?
Is "The Ultimate Guide To The Spektrum DX8 2nd edition" indorsed by Horizon and since it is sold by RC Heli is it mostly for helis? I really need aircraft issues solved not into heli’s
Thanks
Mike
Old 06-20-2011, 09:14 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
Default RE: DX8 mix

You don't need to erase the model!!!! We moved the flap control functionality from the Switch Select screen over to the Flap System screen (in Function menu). This will let you set it anywhere you want. We left it on the screen because many people will want to use the Flap Switch to control other channels directly, and this is the only screen that supports that operation.

You are correct, the Flap switch is not available for assigning mixes. I will put this into the database as a feature request for a future version of DX8 AirWare.

Over on RCG there's a guy named Freechip that has a copy of the book.

Andy