Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Throttle Trim Problem on XP662

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 11:28 PM
JUtah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Trim Problem on XP662

How do you adjust the idle setting on the JR XP662? I cannot get the idle trim to work if I have the throttle pulled all the way back. When I move the digital trim with the throttle all the way back nothing happens........

If I move the throttle up 2 clicks then the Throttle trim adjusts my idle setting. But, I have to be about 2 clicks up from all the way back. The bad thing with this however is that if when you pull the throttle back to idle if you go just 1 click too far the throttle pulls all the way back, taking out ALL of the trim I had put in, as if I had hit the throttle cutoff button.

At first I thought I could fly like that but I found today that it is extremely difficult to pull the throttle back to this precision idle stick setting when you cannot hear your plane all that well. I inadvertantly caused 2 dead stick landings trying to bring the power back to idle.

Am I missing something here? Or is this how this feature is intended to be used?

I have set the Travel Limits for both the High and Low end of the throttle with the trim and Sub Trim at zero. With these set I pull the throttle back to idle and try to adjust my throttle trim and get nothing.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I am contemplating sending this radio back.
Old 08-18-2003, 12:58 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The values in the travel adjustment need to be higher. If the values in travel adjustment are close to 0, the trim will not work as the value of each trim step is based off of the values in travel adjust. So the value needs to as close to 100% as possible. If necessary make mechanical adjustements get your travel adjust values on the low and high side as close to 100% as possible and that should correct the problem you are seeing.
Old 08-19-2003, 06:33 PM
JUtah

Danny....... I had another thread going on this topic. I am pasting into this message the description of how I set it up. Please read below and comment.

Thanks,
Rich

(Link to the entire thread) http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...readid=1061807

Ok, I didn't think my throttle linkage was set up poorly but what the hell, it's an easy thing to try........

here's what I did.........

1) Set Digi-Trim to zero.
2) Set Sub Trim to zero.
3) Unhooked Throttle Linkage.
4) Set high and low Travel to 100%
5) Connected Linkage at the Carb to lowest hole (Most throw)
6) Connected Linkage at the Servo to second hole out from the servo and left the pushrod loose for adjustment.
7) Powered up the Radio and pulled the Throttle back all the way to what would be idle.
8) Adjusted the throttle pushrod until the Carb was closed and tightened the connector on the pushrod.
9) Move throttle all the way forward, throttle movement stops just as the carb reaches full open. No High Travel adjustment necessary....... left at 100%.
10) Move throttle all the way back, Throttle movement stops just as the carb closes off. No Travel Adjustment necessary....... left at 100%
11) Move digital trim "Up" to "40" attempt adjusting the idle setting and the throttle doesn't move at all. The Adjustment does nothing.
12) Move the Gimbal 2 clicks off of idle and the throttle jumps to about 1/4 open.
13) Adjust Trims with Gimble in this position and the trims open and close the Carb.
14) Set Trim back to 40 (Carb 1/4) open, hit throttle Kill Switch and the Throttle pulls all the way back closing the Carb.
15) Release throttle Kill and Carb opens back to 1/4 open.
16) Pull throttle Gimbal back the 2 clicks I had put in, to idle and the throttle pulls the carb all the way closed. EXACTLY as if I had hit the Throttle Cut off switch. The throttle does not jump like this when going from zero to plus 2 clicks if I remove all of the Trim I had put in, but rather moves a small amount very smoothly.

I am highly confident now that my linkage for the throttle is accurate...... given that I have 100% travel in both directions and get perfect throttle movement but I still have the same problem.

Any other ideas??
Old 08-19-2003, 07:07 PM
dsnyder

That does sound like it is set up correctly, and it should not be behaving in that way. It sounds like you may need to send your system in for a check up.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:31 PM
JUtah

I Just bought this radio 3 days ago........ how does the warranty process work? Do I need to call in and get an RMA number or something along those lines?
Old 08-20-2003, 12:55 PM
dsnyder

You would not need an RA number to send the system in. Send the system to the address below with either a detailed letter, with your name, address, phone number, and a desription of the problem, or fill out this form. http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/medi...rchecklist.pdf Also include a copy of your sales receipt. If you have any further questions please feel free to give one of our product support techs a call at 877-504-0233.

Horizon Service Center
Attn: JR Service
4105 Fieldstone RD
Champaign IL 61822