Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Spektrum Dx6i roller sticks down ...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 10:02 PM
AlphaWhisky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum Dx6i roller sticks down ...?

I bought my 6Dxi Tx about 6 months ago specifically for flying EDF jets. Right now it has the 10-model memory full and the roller button gets a lot of work every week in either programming or selecting different models. Recently the roller button became sticky to use - when pressed it increasing stays down and doesn`t release.

I seem to recall hearing or reading somewhere that this plastic roller is a weak-point with this Tx and that there may be metal roller option or metal axle available as a replacement for the original plastic item.

Bearing in mind that I am resident in Australia, I haven`t gone searching the HH site for any info on this yet, and I haven`t yet been able to unearth any relevant information on this forum either.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with this Tx and can maybe recommend a fix?

Thankyou,

Alan W
Old 08-02-2011, 03:20 AM
AlphaWhisky

Default RE: Spektrum Dx6i roller sticks down ...?

No replies, but I still have an idea that there may be a replacement metal roller available for this somewhere even though I haven`t been able to unearth any information...

In the meantime, I opened the Tx case, unscrewed the small cicuit board containing the existing plastic roller and applied a drop or two of silicone spray to the two end bearings. That has improved things by around 90% ....

Alan W
Old 08-02-2011, 05:51 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

East RC makes the rollers you are talking about.

Andy
Old 08-22-2011, 03:36 PM
geeter
My Feedback: (110)

i have had trouble too. lube that area a little, even from the outside with wd-40 or one drop of lite machine oil. just a drop is all it takes. also i have had my trim tabs break inside the tx. the rocker switch broke on one side. i was able to c/a glue it back together. putting a little piece on it to add more strenth helped. it seemed brittle to me but........beware of this. .........GEETER
Old 09-15-2011, 05:36 PM
maxandmil
My Feedback: (2)

Sir, Can the board that includes the POT and switch be purchased? when my roller went, I pushed to hard and destroyed the opening on the POT as well as the switch had been giving me a fit prior, not working consistantly. I already have the eastrc upgrades in place. Roller does not work consistantly. This is a very easy replacement if possible to purchase without shipping it back. Thank you in advance for your time.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:40 PM
maxandmil
My Feedback: (2)

By the way, IMHO The EastRC upgrade was worth every penny. Great fix for the trim tabs and even better looks with the roller added.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:57 AM
AndyKunz

ORIGINAL: maxandmil

Sir, Can the board that includes the POT and switch be purchased? when my roller went, I pushed to hard and destroyed the opening on the POT as well as the switch had been giving me a fit prior, not working consistantly. I already have the eastrc upgrades in place. Roller does not work consistantly. This is a very easy replacement if possible to purchase without shipping it back. Thank you in advance for your time.
It's only available as an item within the Service Center. What that means is that I can't order one for myself either.

Sorry.

Andy
Old 09-16-2011, 07:26 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's up with the Horizon policy on not selling even parts like a switch, etc? Other folks do, and it can be somewhat frustrating to those of us that fly JR and Spektrum products.

Not that Horizon's service is all that slow or bad, but I'm pretty sure I can change parts like switches and buttons, etc.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:32 AM
AndyKunz

YOU might be able to, but there are lots of guys who want to save a couple bucks who AREN'T even though they THINK they can do it (after all, how hard could it be to write software? ...) Unfortunately, the least common denominator effect goes into play. I'm not happy about it with my other hobbies, either, but dem's da rulez.

Andy
Old 09-19-2011, 01:00 PM
AlphaWhisky

If I can re-program my Tx from one mode to another, I`m darn sure I could replace this small circuit board.

It`s not practical to send my ailing Tx back to HH from a cost angle, so effectively I`m stuck with the problem.....

Alan W
Old 09-19-2011, 01:30 PM
sebo

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I dropped my TX and broke both gimbles........sent it to HH and got it back in 2 weeks....It only cost 25 bucks including the shipping.

Anyone who sends it in when the issues occur would probably have it back by now.

Parts plus shipping would cost?????????? Why not let them fix it too for a couple of bucks more...?? IMHO.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:19 PM
AlphaWhisky

I`m in Australia. I have nothing but praise for the way HH perform servicewise. Last (only) time I shipped a Tx problem to them, one way freight for the return was $US 54. I`m pleased that HH wore that cost....

I`m not prepared to spend $100 approx on two-way freight plus parts, for the cost of this minor repair.

Alan W
Old 09-19-2011, 02:28 PM
sebo

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That makes sense to me.....I wouldn't want to pay that either.........