Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

jr 9503& ar9000 receiver

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 09:16 AM
rmoten
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jr 9503& ar9000 receiver

hello, i have a new jr 9503 transmitter and a ar 9000 receiver i am having trouble in setting up my full house sailplane.can someone help me with the setup instructions.
thanks very much. second request please help if possible.any basic sailplane setup would be helpful.i am getting everything working but the right flap which goes into the gear chanel on the ar9000 receiver,not getting any movement.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:21 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: jr 9503& ar9000 receiver

under function wing type, did you mate dual aileron to the gear channel?
Old 10-27-2011, 06:37 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: rmoten

hello, i have a new jr 9503 transmitter and a ar 9000 receiver i am having trouble in setting up my full house sailplane.can someone help me with the setup instructions.
thanks very much. second request please help if possible.any basic sailplane setup would be helpful.i am getting everything working but the right flap which goes into the gear chanel on the ar9000 receiver,not getting any movement.
You need to go into Device Select and Inhibit the Gear Channel and Switch before you can Mate it to the Aileron Channel. That is how I would do it in Acro Mode. I am not familiar with Sailplane Mode.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:02 PM
rmoten

thank you for your time and suggestion.i was just thinking today that i should try arco mode aswell.
once again thanks,
richard
Old 10-28-2011, 11:30 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On my 9303, when using the GLID configuration, there is no need to initially inhibit the channels for a basic full-house sailplane setup. Also, the GLID configuration doesn’t use the dual/mate that is used in ACRO. On this transmitter it gets a little tricky to implement motor control as the normal sailplane setup with dual flaps reassigns the motor channel to the right flap. If you have a motor glider, let me know.

I’m going to assume you have a dual flap sailplane without a motor. Start with the Wing TYPE menu and activate DUAL FLAP if you have them. Set the V-tail appropriately.

In the Devic. SEL menu, set the LAUN flight mode switch. While you can have five flight modes in GLID, three is normally enough. The reason for assigning the LAUN flight mode switch first is twofold. The LAUN mode, if you picked a three-position switch, uses the mode names that are basic, LAUNCH, CRUISE, and LAND. If you use only the SPEED flight mode switch, the modes will be named SPEED, CRUISE, and THERMAL. You can’t rename the modes but at this point, the names have no real significance. The second reason is that if you use both switches to get five flight modes, the LAUN switch has precedence over the SPEED switch.

AUX2, AUX3, and AUX4 channels won’t be needed for a basic setup. INH their outputs in the Devic. SEL. This not mandatory but it may prevent some confusion later on. Also, leave the TRIM as COM. This makes the rudder and aileron trims common for all modes. In GLID, the flap, flaperon and elevator trims will always be set separately in each mode.

A pitfall in the GLID programming is that you will not have any flap movement until you enter some values in FLAP RATE menu in the function list. The device that controls the flap is the one under FLAP in the Devic. SEL menu. You only have the choice of either the left or right slider. If the wrong one was selected, go back to the Devic. SEL menu. I use the slider to control the flaps and flaperons only during the cruise mode. For CRUISE in the FLAP RATE you might set the UP value to something like +5% to reflex flaps for speed and the DN to +10% to drop the flaps for thermalling. You

So for the LAUNCH and LAND modes I leave their values at zero. During launch, you can use the trim switches to set the flap and flaperon camber. During landing, you will be using the spoiler stick for flap and flaperon control.

The next menu to setup is the Flaperon MX. To start with, leave the FLAP LV Offset at 0. No manner which slider you selected to control the flaps, in this menu it is called the FLAP LV. The offset you set here will determine the neutral point on the slider. Leaving it at zero, the slider detent is the neutral point. This offset also controls the neutral point used for the FLAP RATE menu. Fill in appropriate elevator and flaperon values for CRUISE mode and leave the values for the other modes zero.

Last go to the Butterfly menu. Verify that all the 0: rates are zero. In the SW SEL, verify all the select switches are off. Set the LND switch on. Set the 1: rates.

All this information can be found in your 9503 manual plus a lot more. Sherman Knight’s article at:http://jrradios.com/Articles/Article...ID=1459&Page=1is recommended. It is mostly about programming sailplanes. While it was written for the 9303, it is applicable to your 9503.

Allan

Old 10-29-2011, 09:57 PM
rmoten

Allan,thank you you the very detail information and the additional site for more information,on setting up my sailplane.i have 2 meter without a motor,and a 4.3 meter sailplane with a motor.i've been trying to setup the 2 meter sailplane first.at this point i have been unable to get them off the living room couch.with your information my luck may change.
once again thank you very much for your time and information,
richard
Old 10-30-2011, 03:00 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Richard,

I failed to mention that when you first set up a program for your plane in the GLID configuration (if your 9503 works the same as my 9303, which I think it does), the first program mix, a curve mix, the SPOI -> ELEV is active but has no values set. This mix duplicates the linear SPOI -> ELEV mix in the Butterfly menu. One or the other should be turned off to prevent a possible overlap in functions. If the linear Butterfly elevator mix is adequate, inhibit program mix #1. Often a nonlinear spoiler stick to elevator response is better for landing. If that is the case, zero the elevator Butterfly rates and use the program mix. On the 11X and 12X, a curve and not a linear elevator mix is part of the braking (Butterfly) menu.

Allan