Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Spektrum DX 7S

Old 11-29-2011, 05:26 PM
BelAirBob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spektrum DX 7S

I sent my money to HH a few months ago. Actually, they have not hit my CC, so I am not out the $$$. Just wondering what is up with the DX7S and if anyone has seen one yet. They probably should have made the DX7 DSMX until they had this figured out. HH sent me a coupon way back and got free shipping, so driveaway price will be less than $270 with receiver. Probably not much flying again until spring, but would be nice to have a present under the tree......

Thanks for letting us know about the DX8

bob
Old 11-30-2011, 03:55 PM
BelAirBob

Guess I spoke too soon. My DX7S is on the way....... I know there was a big backlog before I ordered mine, so there must be a gazillion of them slowly spreading across the country.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:56 AM
jroth
My Feedback: (60)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The DX-7S transmitters started shipping on 11/30/2011 and will turn up in hobby shops on 12/1/2011.

I have two on order.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:30 AM
BelAirBob

Hi jroth,

I have a connection to Tinley Park. My publisher for my textbook Exploring Photography is there. Ever hear of Goodheart Willcox Co?

bel air bob
Old 12-01-2011, 12:36 PM
AndyKunz

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Well, I've heard of Exploring Photography. My daughters will probably be getting a copy next Spring (birthdays) along with upgraded cameras. We got them simple point & shoots last year to judge their interest levels - they're interested. They're home-schooled, so we can get them good books we like! When I was their age we had a photo club at school. Our darkest room (for winding the negatives into the developer) was the walk-in fridge in the old kitchen. That room was definitely an incentive to get the film wound quickly!

You meet all kinds of people on these forums.

Plans for an aerial photography book?!?!?

Andy
Old 12-01-2011, 02:05 PM
BelAirBob

Hi Andy,

Yes, Exploring Photography is a text book and there is even a workbook and instructors guide. They are on Amazon.com too.

Can;t wait to get DX7S. Will let you know how it goes. I have a 4 star 60 that has been waiting since May for the DX7S as I have too many planes and helis on the DX6i

Regards

bob
Old 12-02-2011, 05:20 PM
BelAirBob

UPS just brought my DX7S, so they do exist. On the HH website, it states "In Stock". I will be reading the manual this weekend. I have a plane or two with a receiver already in, just awaiting binding.....
Old 12-03-2011, 04:59 PM
rcmiket

The LHS gave me one today to use on a T Rex 500 build I'm doing for them. The programing is the same a the DX8. It feels lighter than the DX8 also. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it does not suffer the same "problems" the DX8 did when it first was released. Guess I'll find out next week.
Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83204.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	1694916  
Old 12-03-2011, 05:29 PM
BelAirBob

Hopefully they kept delaying it to fix any problems. One nice thing is that the software can be updated through the SD card and a PC download.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:32 AM
rcmiket

ORIGINAL: BelAirBob

Hopefully they kept delaying it to fix any problems. One nice thing is that the software can be updated through the SD card and a PC download.

Updating software is a great thing. Unless you lose a aircraft or two before they catch the "glitch". Time will tell if this one is right "out of the box". I'm pretty confident but will approach this one with caution just to be safe. The really nice thing is I get to play with one and check it out at no cost to me.
Mike
Old 12-28-2011, 08:46 PM
Jim_Purcha
My Feedback: (8)

Evening Andy, I received a Spektrum DX 7s radio system for Christmas (OK I picked it out). This is my first 2.4 system, and the AR8000 receiver has an separate remote receiver. Is it an option to use the remote reciever or is it a requirement. I saw John Redman's video on the HH site on installing the AR6000 receiver. Does the same installation procedure appply?

Like your Kaos and Mach One builds on the RCG forum.

Thank you,

Jim
Old 12-29-2011, 06:18 AM
AndyKunz

Hi Jim,

Yes, you need to use the remote. John did two videos - one for the AR600 and another for big planes. Watch the big planes one where he puts them in his jet.

Thanks for the comments on the threads. I just finished one for a micro Bridi trainer (50% RCM T-20), am about 3/4 through one for building a pair of Shrikes, and will soon start on a micro UFO build. Then I may finish the Mach One.

Thanks for buying the DX7s!

Andy
Old 12-29-2011, 05:09 PM
BelAirBob

The DX7S is by far the easiest radio I have to program. I was wondering why the English part of the manual was so thin.....don;t really need it. The only thing sort of confusing as the long symboled (?) serial number to enter on the Spektrum website. It took a bunch of tries to get everything perfect. Hard to explain here unless you see that the serial number is 3 lines long. But anyway, downloaded the updates to the SD card, popped in the radio and updated itself. Pretty neat. Just need some good flying weather now to try it out.

belairbob
Old 12-30-2011, 03:32 PM
AndyKunz

Bob,

There's an easier way. On the Serial screen, put in an SD card. Select EXPORT. Then you can copy/paste the serial from the XML file it created.

Not that it matters now, but it's there.

Andy
Old 12-30-2011, 04:51 PM
BelAirBob

Also, the website said to scroll down and grab the set ups for various airplanes. I did not find any, but assume they are coming. That would be great as all the Parkzone and E-Flite planes I have, so set ups for the dual rates, etc. Would be neat to just download them into place.

DX7S and DX8 will probably be like a lot of new electronic things....we will discover more in capabilities as time goes on.....hope more info is forthcoming.....

Thank you

bob
Old 12-31-2011, 08:00 AM
AndyKunz

They should be on the page with the manuals. NOT ALL PLANES HAVE THEM, but a good number of the new BNF stuff does.

Andy