Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Dx 6I

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 08:40 PM
schlussadler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dx 6I

How do you know how to program your radio for a parkflyer with no manual guidelines? Also are dual rates and travel adjust the same thing. what about sub-trim and the trim on the radio itself. Is that the same thing? thanks for any help. I have been using a 5e for years and i only fly warbirds.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:02 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Dx 6I

ORIGINAL: schlussadler

How do you know how to program your radio for a parkflyer with no manual guidelines? Also are dual rates and travel adjust the same thing. what about sub-trim and the trim on the radio itself. Is that the same thing? thanks for any help. I have been using a 5e for years and i only fly warbirds.
First of all, you need to have some basic understandings of computer radios in order to set them up properly. If the aircraft manufacturer does not have any Specs to follow, in the manual, you need to call them or ask an experienced RC pilot to help you set up the aircraft. You want to be sure it is Balanced properly and that the Control Surface Throws are set properly

The most basic are Servo Direction and Travel. Some radios use the term Travel Adjustment and others use the term End Point Adjustment. They are basically the same.

Dual Rates are just a percentage of the total Travel. If you use Travel Adjustment to make the Elevator move 1 inch in each direction and you set the Dual Rates for Elevator to 50%, the Elevator will only move 1/2" in either direction. Your radio usually has High and Low Dual Rates.

SubTrim allows you to make minor adjustments to the Neutral position. You don't want to use much SubTrim because it reduces the amount of Travel.

Radios with Sliding Levers for Trim will usually have a Trim function, in the programming, that allows you to Set the Trim and then move the Trim Lever back to the Center.
Radios with Digital Trim have Momentary Switches for Trim Levers. Each time you push the Trim Lever, it Beeps, and you can see how far the Trim has moved on the LCD Display.

Trim and SubTrim are not the same.