Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

X9503 Oops!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Pull-Up!
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X9503 Oops!

Accidentally plugged my new X9503 into a Futaba wall wart. Battery still good but radio is dead.

Does this radio get a trip to Champaign or is there a safety diode that can be field replaced?

Thanks!
Old 10-22-2011, 02:14 PM
slarty

Default RE: X9503 Oops!

Open the back and replace the fuse. It is a 3Amp fuse, power the set up, select a different model memory then turn off. Turn it back on and check that it is one the model memory you just selected. If it reverts to same model memory as shown on first power up, it needs to go back.

Does that make sense ?
Old 10-22-2011, 02:16 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pull-Up!

Accidentally plugged my new X9503 into a Futaba wall wart. Battery still good but radio is dead.

Does this radio get a trip to Champaign or is there a safety diode that can be field replaced?

Thanks!
There should be a Fuse inside. There is in my 9303.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:13 AM
SpaceCowboy

ORIGINAL: Pull-Up!

Thanks!
Any update on your radio ? Did replacing the fuse work ?
Old 11-30-2011, 10:34 AM
Pull-Up!
My Feedback: (4)

All I had to do was replace the fuse and it came right back up. I'm embarrased!

Thanks for your advice!
Old 11-30-2011, 10:44 AM
Wayne Miller

Hi,

I have JR and Hitec which means I have wall warts with different polarity. To avoid confusion, I bought different colours of electrical tape, red and black.

I fold a piece of the red electrical tape around the JR wall wart wire near the connector and black around the Hitec wall wart near the connector.

The colour coding makes it easy to tell which connector is for which system.

I hope you find this tip useful.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne
Old 11-30-2011, 02:01 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

I just got rid of my non-JR/Spektrum radios.. (just kidding.. but they don't get used much)

Actually, I make up my own charge leads - and use different colored backshells on the connectors for the JR/Spektrum radios. I got some grey ones from Digikey or Mouser that get used on any cables for the JR polarity, and black ones for any with the other polarity.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:50 PM
BuschBarber

ORIGINAL: fizzwater2

I just got rid of my non-JR/Spektrum radios.. (just kidding.. but they don't get used much)

Actually, I make up my own charge leads - and use different colored backshells on the connectors for the JR/Spektrum radios. I got some grey ones from Digikey or Mouser that get used on any cables for the JR polarity, and black ones for any with the other polarity.
Years ago, I started using higher quality chargers with Peak Detection and Cycling capability. Another feature was Incorrect Polarity Warning. I believe you get better performance and longer battery life than using a Wall charger.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:28 PM
SamAlattar

After less than a weak of using my new JR X9503 transmitter , I suddenly lost transmission and the status LED on the back of the transmitter turned off . Can anyone help please ! is it a fuse problem ? I appreciate your advice .<o></o>

Thanks,