Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Taileron/Ailevator mixing on DX8

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 08:55 AM
sirzepp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taileron/Ailevator mixing on DX8

First let me say I'm loving my DX8. Upgraded from the 6i a few months ago and find this Tx to be everything I've needed up to this point.

I am building a plane and want to incorporate a "taileron" or "ailervator" mix into my setup. The plane will have dual elevator servos and dual aileron servos. This is NOT a delta wing, it's a CG Ultimate Biplane. I want to enable the dual elevators to act with the ailerons in certain regimes of flight (hovering, for instance, since the stock CG ailerons are weak in that regime). I thought it would be a matter of mixing one of the aileron servos directly to one of the elevator servos, but the DX8 only gives me "aileron" as a master and not "RAL or LAL" as master. When I mix aileron to "REL or LEL" BOTH elevator servos move, not just the one I've mixed to. Obviously I'm doing something bone headed, but I can't figure it out.

To reiterate: I'm looking to add fighter jet style elevator/aileron mixing to my airplane with dual aileron servos and dual elevator servos. Can I do this?
Old 11-25-2011, 02:09 PM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
Default RE: Taileron/Ailevator mixing on DX8

Sure! And it's simple!

Set your Tail Type to Dual Elevator. It doesn't matter what your wing type is, just make sure you select the right one for what servo wiring you're using. I suspect Dual Aileron would be correct.

Set a P-Mix from Aileron (AIL) to Left Elevator (LEL). Define the rates (both positive or both negative as suits your installation). I also recommend you use a switch other than ON since you'll want to disable this when landing.

Should take you all of about 5 minutes to get it basically working.

Andy