Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Anything new for 2012 JR ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 05:38 AM
crankpin
My Feedback: (15)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anything new for 2012 JR ?

My original X9303 2.4 JR radio, has been giving good service. Is there anything new coming out JR Line for 2012 ? The red case 921 and R7000 rx's working great, new firmware to the 921 about 6 months ago. I have another 9 chl 2.4 rx bought new a year ago, not used yet. Is there anything new for upgrade, or purchase ?

Any info appreciated.

Vince
Old 12-08-2011, 06:33 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Anything new for 2012 JR ?

ORIGINAL: crankpin

My original X9303 2.4 JR radio, has been giving good service. Is there anything new coming out JR Line for 2012 ? The red case 921 and R7000 rx's working great, new firmware to the 921 about 6 months ago. I have another 9 chl 2.4 rx bought new a year ago, not used yet. Is there anything new for upgrade, or purchase ?

Any info appreciated.

Vince
JR has an 8 channel radio that I have seen pictures of, but to my knowledge, it will not be available in the US because it would compete with Spektrum. It is said to be running a different adaptation of Spread Spectrum different than DSMX, which is currently used by Spektrum. I do not know about any future higher end products for the US. Spektrum has a new DX10T that I saw at the Toledo Show last April. It can be upgraded to 18 channels with an optional Channel Expander. The ad I saw says late May 2012.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:05 PM
TAS Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This what I have to a reply on Facebook from JR:

Shoji Kuyama Hi, Keith-san. OK, keep it in my mind. We are going to leak the new flagship model information little by little, and time to time. So, keep using the current radio until the new one is ready !!!
May 21 at 6:19pm · Like

I guess they play their card close to thier chest, but I would expect they have something on the go.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:57 AM
crankpin

Thanks for replys.

Crank
Old 05-25-2012, 09:07 AM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Some of JR’s XG series are already posted on the Horizon website. While not exactly new to rest of the world (except for the XG11), they should be available here sometime this year. As Rich wrote, they use JR’s DMSS protocol so they are not compatible with either DSM2 or DSMX. Aside from having telemetry, the programming of each is an improvement over their non telemetry counterpart.

Allan

Old 05-25-2012, 04:26 PM
BuschBarber

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

Any info appreciated.

Vince
JR has an 8 channel radio that I have seen pictures of, but to my knowledge, it will not be available in the US because it would compete with Spektrum. It is said to be running a different adaptation of Spread Spectrum different than DSMX, which is currently used by Spektrum. I do not know about any future higher end products for the US. Spektrum has a new DX10T that I saw at the Toledo Show last April. It can be upgraded to 18 channels with an optional Channel Expander. The ad I saw says late May 2012.
I have since been to the Toledo Show, in April, and I have seen the XG6, XG8, and XG11 radios running DMSS. It is not DSMX compatible nor will it be.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:17 AM
crankpin

With this new product line, is there any technical advantage vs. current models ? My X9303 with the R921 and R7000 2.4 rx's have served me well. Horizon applied new firmware to my original red case 2.4 receiver a year ago. Just wanting to do some upgrades.

Vince
Old 05-26-2012, 05:43 AM
BuschBarber

With this new product line, is there any technical advantage vs. current models ? My X9303 with the R921 and R7000 2.4 rx's have served me well. Horizon applied new firmware to my original red case 2.4 receiver a year ago. Just wanting to do some upgrades.

Vince
I did not dive into the programming. I don't believe that DMSS is any better than DSMX. The Telemetry is different from Spektrum. At the time, they did not have a Brushless Motor RPM Sensor. I have two XP9303's and a DX8. I have not had problems with any of them. The XP9303's have the DSM2 RF Module.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:33 AM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Vince,

There isn’t much experience with the DMSS here in the US yet. Except for the few that were imported by individuals from a foreign source, it has yet to be sold in here. From a little bit of descriptive literature provided by JR and Horizon, there doesn’t seem to be much difference between DMSS and DSMX but just enough to make the two incompatible.

The XG series uses a SD card which can be used to store models or for upgrading the transmitter software. The series uses LiFe batteries instead of NiMH. It works on 6v so it is lighter. And there are rumors that JR is planning a super top of the line model.

You can get a sense of the difference in programming between the XG series and your 9303 by comparing it to the JR 11X 2.4. There are many things you can do with the 11X mixes that are not possible on the 9303. In general it is simpler but more versatile. The XG series across the line has advanced the 11X programming format somewhat. The XG8 is almost as capable as the 11X 2.4 is in some areas and more advanced in others.

When Horizon upgrades the 11X 2.4 to the XG11 level, it should be equivalent in programming power. JR has already done this for the 11X counterpart sold to rest of the world. The 11X works on DSM2 and DSMX so your receivers won’t have to be replaced. If you want telemetry, you can get it now with Spektrum add-ons. It is more expensive and won’t be integrated into the transmitter.

If you can, you should wait until more field experience is accumulated for the new transmitters that are coming on the market before making a decision.

Allan

Old 11-13-2012, 04:32 PM
crankpin

Thanks guys. Long time answering back, appreciate the info.

Vince