Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Complex Brake Switch Setup on 9303 2.4

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 12:01 PM
bigbreeze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complex Brake Switch Setup on 9303 2.4

I know there are alot of different brake switch setup threads for jets, but can you tell me of the following is even possible?

I use a JR 9303 2.4 with JR 921 Rx, for a R/C Jet application (Boomerang Sprint)....

I would like:

1. a switch for ON/OFF brakes, can be ALWAYS ACTIVE

AND

2. BRAKES mixed to DOWN ELEVATOR that is ALWAYS ON when WHEELS DOWN EXCEPT when WHEELS UP, then NO BRAKES to DOWN ELEV mixing (this mix is INHIBITED)

***NOTE: I currently use only one servo with BEHOTEC retracts on a 3-way valve / 3-way switch for WHEELS UP / WHEELS DOWN / BRAKES

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marc
Old 12-08-2011, 12:29 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Complex Brake Switch Setup on 9303 2.4

ORIGINAL: bigbreeze

I know there are alot of different brake switch setup threads for jets, but can you tell me of the following is even possible?

I use a JR 9303 2.4 with JR 921 Rx, for a R/C Jet application (Boomerang Sprint)....

I would like:

1. a switch for ON/OFF brakes, can be ALWAYS ACTIVE

AND

2. BRAKES mixed to DOWN ELEVATOR that is ALWAYS ON when WHEELS DOWN EXCEPT when WHEELS UP, then NO BRAKES to DOWN ELEV mixing (this mix is INHIBITED)

***NOTE: I currently use only one servo with BEHOTEC retracts on a 3-way valve / 3-way switch for WHEELS UP / WHEELS DOWN / BRAKES

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marc
I had a Graupner Kangaroo which had Wheel Brakes and a Speed Brake. They were on separate channels, with the Left Lever used as the Wheel Brake and the Right Lever used for the Speed Brake. I also mixed the Wheel Brakes to Down Elevator, but even with two programmable mixers, I could not get Down Elevator to give me more than half Wheel Brakes. I believe I used another mix to prevent the Wheel Brakes from actuating while the Retracts were Up.

At one point, I had a Retract valve and a Brake valve from MiniHobbies. These devices had a Solenoid and circuit board wrapped together. I could plug the Brake valve into the Retract valve and it would automatically keep the Brake valve from working when the Retracts were Up. The both started leaking so I sent them back to be repaired. I do not think I used them again. They came with servo leads that plugged directly into the Rx so there was no need to adjust End Points/Travel. The Brake valve was Proportional. I had to switch to the BVM SmartStop II and add a servo, at the Maine Jet Rally, when the failure occured with the Minihobbies Brake Valve.