Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

shift compatibility dilemma

Old 08-26-2003, 06:42 PM
barrywhite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shift compatibility dilemma

i bought a 35 mhz radio in dubai, i want to use a hitec or multiplex reciever do i have to worry about ordering the right shift?are the shift of these out of US radios different from the european radios or is the shift of futaba different out of the US...i mean which radio companies sell radio with different shift in europe versus america... who are the companies that have the same shift everywhere and for goodness sake whyyyy........ is it for the same reason that makes englishmen drive on the wrong side of the road !!!!!!if there is a sane reason.
Old 08-26-2003, 06:45 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry to say that I do not have any information on what shift is used on equipment in your area. It would be best to contact Rossi at 39-030-252-1728 for more information on that. Here in the US, JR and Airtronics share positive shift, while Hitec and Futaba share negative shift.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:08 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Point of Order Mr Chairman !!!!

In response to the fact that us " Englishmen drive on the wrong side of the road ".........

If you look historically, ( oops... sorry u lot can't you ?? Your history is only a couple of hundred years old.. ) we had Knights of the Realm who rode horses in armour etc etc. Now it is a wee bit difficult to draw a rather large sword and fight across the body... So... we rode on the left as the majority of people were right handed.. ( left handedness was seen as a sign of the devil ).

Here endeth the lesson !!!

Sorry mate, I couldnt let that go unchallenged...
Old 08-26-2003, 10:01 PM
SVFlier

Hey Mac Man UK!

Neat info. There are so many practices/terms of speech in the world the origin of which we have lost due to insufficient built-in rom.

Was it Einstein that said that the observation was dependent upon the position (and motion) of the observer (not that of the observee)?

Does "Mac Man" mean "No PCs"?

Regards to the revered older world.
Old 08-26-2003, 10:11 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Good Grief No !!!!

Its refers to my somewhat darker side of life..... where I work !!

LOLOL

Old 08-27-2003, 06:57 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

barrywhite - there is no problem of shift compatibility unless you buy Futaba radio on 72 Mhz or some Hitec radio on 72Mhz - that is what is incompatible. Around the world, all JR, all Multiplex, all brands including Futaba all work with one another, it is just the north American 72Mhz Futaba and Hitec that is "wrong".

harry
Old 09-01-2003, 08:20 PM
barrywhite

Harry ..thank you for the information ...it is very useful to me...cause i travel occasionally and visit modelshops...good deals can be found in some coutries...so your telling me i can buy any hitec ,multiplex or hitec rx for myJR tx bought in dubai as long as it is on the 35 mhz band..is my understanding correct?please confirm if u can. and mac man thanks for the information about the english driving around on the wrong side of the road..interesting old fruit....i have learned something new..actually i always thought and still think that it is sort of sadistic and potentially dangerous!but i know about your history and do admit that you englishmen do have some excellent qualities my friend..
Old 09-01-2003, 08:26 PM
Mac_Man_UK

You are making me blush !!!