Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

mixing problem on JR X-3810

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 09:23 PM
UK Flier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mixing problem on JR X-3810

Hi

I am building a turbine powered delta aircraft, and want to use the twin rudders as air brakes when landing.

So how do I programme a mix on two channels that will give me conventional rudders for ground handling (both rudders moving in the same direction) . but air brakes (rudders moving in opposite directions when the mix is activated.

Driving me crazy but bet there is an easy answer.
Old 09-02-2003, 05:28 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you want the rudder stick to control the air brakes, such as left rudder both rudders deflect out and right both in, or would you like to have both rudders kick in or out on a switch and retain normal rudder control?
Old 09-06-2003, 12:57 PM
UK Flier

Hope you had a good holiday :>)

I would like the rudder control to operate the rudders normally as this will also be used for nosewheel steering.

the landing switch would be used to deflect both rudders out.

I assume that the nosewheel will be connected to the rudder channel, and each of the rudders to two spare channels. But I just can't get the hang of this double mix.

Hope you can help

John
Old 09-09-2003, 11:33 AM
dsnyder

Default RE: mixing problem on JR X-3810

Ok, well, to set that up it will take 4 program mixes. You would use channel 7 for one side, and channel 8 for the other in the set up I describe below. Start in mix 5, set up a rudder to spoiler mix, and set the rates to +100%. Then in mix 6, set up a rudder to aux 3 mix, and set the rates to +100%.

Then in mix 3, set up an aux 3 to aux 3 mix, press select until the arrow points to offset, rotate the aux 3 pot all the way one way or the other (direction does not matter), and press clear. This should enter in an offset on the screen. Press select until the arrow points at SW: and press the + key until it says LAND. Then press select until the arrow points at Rate, and set the rate as needed for that side.

Then in mix 4, set up an spoi to spoi mix, press select until the arrow points to offset, rotate the spoiler pot all the way one way or the other (direction does not matter), and press clear. This should enter in an offset on the screen. Press select until the arrow points at SW: and press the + key until it says LAND. Then press select until the arrow points at Rate, and set the rate as needed for that side.

In both cases, if the direction of the movement is backwards, switch from + percentages to - percentages. I hope this helps!
Old 09-09-2003, 01:42 PM
UK Flier

It works :>)

Thanks Danny, I am glad it wasn't too easy, saves me having to kick myself.

Thanks again John
Old 09-09-2003, 02:01 PM
dsnyder

That is great to hear! Enjoy!