Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Phoenix Sim-Spektrum Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 11:35 AM
sovon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phoenix Sim-Spektrum Transmitter

<o>

Hey everyone,

Ok really quick I’m new to RC flying. Went into my local shop talked to the gents there and everyone said pick a simulator before an fixed-wing or rotary aircraft. I chose the Phoenix for a couple reasons. Now I have about twenty hours on the sim and think it’s pretty cool and want to experience more. My question is:

If I were to purchase say a DX7 will additional craft become available to me?

</o>
Old 03-26-2012, 08:49 PM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Phoenix Sim-Spektrum Transmitter

"If I were to purchase say a DX7 will additional craft become available to me?"
Not to my knowledge!
You might gain additional functions though. Five channels (DX5i) is a bit limiting.
Gear, Flaps, etc.

I use a DX8, and really haven't bothered to play with the additional channels and alternate custom setups.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:33 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Phoenix Sim-Spektrum Transmitter

ORIGINAL: sovon

<o>

Hey everyone,

Ok really quick I’m new to RC flying. Went into my local shop talked to the gents there and everyone said pick a simulator before an fixed-wing or rotary aircraft. I chose the Phoenix for a couple reasons. Now I have about twenty hours on the sim and think it’s pretty cool and want to experience more. My question is:

If I were to purchase say a DX7 will additional craft become available to me?

</o>
DX7's have been discontinued and replaced by the DX7S which has similar programming to the DX8. Are you planning on purchasing a DX7, used, just for the Phoenix Flight Sim or were you planning on using it to fly real RC aircraft at your flying field?

The DX7 is compatible with any other JR/Spektrum 2.4 receiver. You could fly any of the Plug n Play aircraft, as well.