Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

DX8 vs X9503 glider mode

Hello, can anyone tell me if the JR X9503 with the 3rd mode for gliders can actually do anything that the DX8 can't do in airplane mode? From what I have read, it appears that the DX8 has all of the mixing options anyone would need for a glider so I'm not sure what more the X9503 has to offer as far as programming goes or what the need would be for a glider mode.

Thanks for your input!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: DX8 vs X9503 glider mode

At this time the DX8 does not have a curve mix for flap/elev - that's the one thing that keeps it from really being a great glider radio. The DX18, though, is very much a glider radio.

Andy
    Andy Kunz - AMA 46063
    Spektrum Development Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you Andy.  Do you anticipate the DX8 getting a software upgrade to add glider mode?

Troy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Unfortunately I have to "neither confirm nor deny" anything about glider updates, Troy.

The feature list for 2.05 needs to be approved so we can release it to beta testers; I'll see when it gets approved if I can give advance notice of what it will include. Based on past experience, that isn't very likely, but you never know, sometimes they let stuff leak ahead of time. I CAN tell you that the only known bug in 2.04 will be fixed (rolling back and forth on the Mix selections can reset the radio - not a problem if you don't play with mixes in flight).

Andy
    Andy Kunz - AMA 46063
    Spektrum Development Team