Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

NEW DX7s programming issue

i just bought this radio today to set up on my new B25 and cant figure out how to get everything working like i want. so heres what i have so far.

i have(4 servos/ y harnessed) flaps,
    (2 servos/ y harnessed)ailerons,
    (1 servo) elevator,
    (1servo) rudder
    retracts (3 retract /y harnesses)
    (1 servo bomb door)
    (2 esc / y harnessed)

so thats 7 channels and i have the 8000 that came with the radio. my problem is i cant seem to find the right configuration to use the FLAP menu and have channel 7 available for my bombay doors?i can set the menu to normal wing types but then i cant utilize the flap slow down i was SO looking forward to using ! when i select the wing type of 1 aileron servo and 1 flap servo it wont let me open another channel for the bombay doors? this makes no sense to me, PLEASE HELP.

Thanks in advance !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: NEW DX7s programming issue

ORIGINAL: Bullit

i just bought this radio today to set up on my new B25 and cant figure out how to get everything working like i want. so heres what i have so far.

i have(4 servos/ y harnessed) flaps,
    (2 servos/ y harnessed)ailerons,
    (1 servo) elevator,
    (1servo) rudder
    retracts (3 retract /y harnesses)
    (1 servo bomb door)
    (2 esc / y harnessed)

so thats 7 channels and i have the 8000 that came with the radio. my problem is i cant seem to find the right configuration to use the FLAP menu and have channel 7 available for my bombay doors?Β*i can set the menu to normal wing types but then i cant utilize the flap slow down i was SO looking forward to using !Β* when i select the wing type of 1 aileron servo and 1 flap servo it wont let me open another channel for the bombay doors? this makes no sense to me, PLEASE HELP.

Thanks in advance !Β*
    I am not a big fan of Y Harnesses as I have had too many problems with them over many years. I would rather see you use JR Matchboxes instead. Also, be careful not to use Reversing Y's or Amplified Y's as Spektrum cautions you not to use them with their receivers.

I have a fellow club member who is an excellent builder and pilot. He built a BVM T33 turbine jet and flew it with a DX7 and three Matchboxes. He jumped to the X9303 when it first came out as it had more channels and more advanced programming. While your DX7S is a much improved radio over the DX7, it may be somewhat limiting for the B25 project.

I have two older XP9303's and a DX8 that I recently purchased. I much prefer Channel Mixing over Y Harnesses and Matchboxes. I understand the programming in the DX7S and DX8 is similar.

All 4 Flap servos could connect to one Matchbox. All 3 Retract servos could connect to another Matchbox. Both Aileron servos could connect to another Matchbox. With Y Harnesses, it is difficult to match all servos and it would have to be done Mechanically. The Matchbox lets you connect up to 4 servos to one channel and adjust Servo Direction, End Points, and Neutral for all servos, independently.
    Rich
    byronf16@gmail.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i appreciate your input. this plane is a foamy B25, nothing special and im not concerned about the Y harnesses. i have 18 electric planes and all of them on Y harnesses and i have never had a issue with one of them ? i am just trying to figure out why when i am in the " system flap setting " i cannot access channel 7 ? i think its a software issue.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Can you post the SPM file you have now? Rename it to .TXT so RCU allows it to attach.

Based on your description, you want 1Ail/1Flap wing, Normal tail, and then go to Switch Select to adjust the aux channels the way you want them.

Andy
    Andy Kunz - AMA 46063
    Spektrum Development Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sounds about right. I will put the file up when I get home later, thanks !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If not mistaken and I also will confirm when I get home soon when using 1 Aileron & 1 Flap wing type the DX8 will assign flaps to AUX1, this means you have AUX2 free on your 7channel receiver for the bomb doors.
    You should have no issues using the AUX2 switch to toggle the doors open and closed.
    Air, Ground & Water

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i appreciate your input.Β* this plane is a foamy B25, nothing special and im not concerned about the Y harnesses. i have 18 electricΒ* planes and all of them on Y harnesses and i have never had a issue with one of them ?Β* i am just trying to figure out why when i am in the '' system flap setting '' i cannot access channel 7 ? i think its a software issue.
    Sorry!! I was thinking you had a large B25 and could handle the weight of the extra devices. Did you still use some Reversing Y Harnesses? I have found most of them to be unreliable and drift off Neutral every couple of flights, requiring them to be tweaked often.
    Rich
    byronf16@gmail.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have the dx7s, not a 8. They aren't the same exactly.

No reversing Y harnesses.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have the dx7s, not a 8. They aren't the same exactly.

No reversing Y harnesses.
    Thanks!
    Rich
    byronf16@gmail.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok, no need for further help on this. i started to think about what you guys were saying, so i got it figured out now.

THANKS !