Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

New JR DMSS Radios Announced

http://publications.horizonhobby.com...net&x=6cbc07ee

Dual Modulation Spectrum System* (DMSS), the 2.4GHz protocol developed by JR, is now available on select radios. This new transmission protocol offers high-speed response and high resistance against RF noise.

The XG6, XG8 and XG11 include all the advantages of the genuine JR frequency system, plus the kind of legendary high-end software attention that's made JR famous. Each transmitter has full telemetry features with receiver voltage standard on all DMSS receivers, a high-resolution graphic LCD display, easy 3D jog dial input, airplane, helicopter and glider program options, advanced digital trim, touch select functions and much more. No matter what kind of airplane, helicopter or glider you want to fly, there is a JR transmitter designed to enhance your control and deliver an evolutionary level of precision.

JR XG6 Key Features
    • RG631B 6-Ch DMSS 2.4GHz Receiver
    • Micro SD Card Support (Micro SD card required)

JR XG8 Key Features
    • RG831B 8-Ch DMSS 2.4GHz Receiver
    • SD card slot for data sharing, storage and updates (SD card required)
    • Optional telemetry sensors available
    • Stick tension and spring adjustment

JR XG11 Key Features
    • RG1131B 11-Ch DMSS 2.4GHz Receiver
    • SD card slot for data sharing, storage and updates (SD card required)
    • RA01T Remote Antenna
    • Optional telemetry sensors available
    • 5-point mixing curves with midpoint adjustment
    • 3-Axis gyro remote sensitivity adjustment
    • Multiple applications for stick position switch
    • Balance function for multiple servo setups

*DMSS technology is not compatible with JR DSM® and other DSM2® or DSMX® equipment.

Not compatible with previous DSM DSM2 or DSMx protocols.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: New JR DMSS Radios Announced

Interesting marketing strategy from JR the last several years:

It seems they want us to buy a new radio and all new receivers every year or two.

It's a good way to keep extracting big $'s from the same brand-loyal customers.

Unless we all get peeved and switch to Futaba.

mt

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm still flying my old 6 channel JR on channel 32.........no competition at all.........It's like having a new model radio.....nobody on my frequency.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: kram

Interesting marketing strategy from JR the last several years:

It seems they want us to buy a new radio and all new receivers every year or two.

It's a good way to keep extracting big $'s from the same brand-loyal customers.

Unless we all get peeved and switch to Futaba.

mt
    I have two original JR XP9303's that I have had for over 4 years. I still can use any JR/Spektrum Rx except the early DSM AR6000. I can still use the DSMX Rx's, in DSM2 mode, and I heard a rumor that there will be a DMSS Module for modular transmitters like the XP9303. Spektrum is offering more new DSMX receivers that will work with any of the current Spektrum compatible JR transmitters.
    Rich
    byronf16@gmail.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I upgraded my 12X to DSM-X this winter, but most of my receivers are still DSM-2.

I haven't found a good reason to upgrade them yet.

I also have a really nice 72 MHz 10X for which I can't find a 2.4 module: is Horizon never going to re-stock them?

Like you said, I'm sure the old 72 band isn't crowded, but a lot of meets won't allow 72's anymore.

I'm afraid flying both technologies would tend to make me do stupid things like forget to reserve a frquency or raise an antenna

mt

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Kram,
    I also have a really nice 72 MHz 10X for which I can't find a 2.4 module: is Horizon never going to re-stock them?

I was lucky enough to get about the last module that Horizon had and was going to put it in my JR 10 but discovered that it would only do nine channels so it went in my JR9303 and has been working there.

If you wait, I think there is going to be some new plug-in modules for our beloved older JR transmitters.
    Jim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

2.4 Modules: Maybe we should call Horizon Hobby and ask, although I don't have any faith that the person answering phones will know the truth.

My completely unfounded personal guess is that release of the new DMSS product line means a lot less support for the old stuff.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Don't see why not, there is a DMSS module for the legacy systems.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HI there...I am looking for a new rock solid radio to fly 50cc gas airplanes....I need 10 channels....is the DMSS technology for me? And, What else do I need to put into the plane to make it as solid as I can?

Your help and advice would be greatly appreciated...

Rick Davey.
    Austin, TX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

MT,

Just get this http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...e-rx-JRP03594B for your 10X and start getting DMSS rx's that way it will get your foot in the door with DMSS and your 12X with DSMX will still fly the planes just as good as the DMSS will. Just don't continue to invest in the DSMX stuff. The only thing about the module to plug in to the 10X is that I'm unsure of how many channels it supports (I can find out) and am certain that there is no telemetry data recieved back to the Tx but you would still have a rock solid genuine JR product again vs. this half breed crap that's come out in the last few years. I've been told in the near future that there will be a neat 16 channel offered from JR as well might be right up your alley if you don't give up completely on JR by then. P.S. quit talking to Frank! I think I'm going to make the plunge finally and get the 11 channel once it is offered. I may hold out for another year just to see how it plays out but am pretty sure the XG11 will be in my possesion in the near future. I'm going all in with genuine JR and am very excited about it!!! I'm personally thrilled that JR has gotten rid of the Spektrum crap and has come out with these great new offerings and also thrilled that Horizon Hobby is going to sell, distribute, support JR products still. I do feel that it was unfortunate in the way that they have gotten to this point and feel for those that bought in to the JR product thinking that they were getting a true JR system and being brand loyal to the JR name but looking forward to the future.

Mike
    I wish I may, I wish I might, I wish for today a beautiful flight!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am interested in the JR module to convert a PCM 10, the first computer JR radio, to 2.4 . Can anyone help. I know Hitec makes one also Frsky but I would like to have a JR module just the same... And what is this about " Spektrum crap"...I thought that was JR?

Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just looked...supports 8 channels...and what a deal...only $300!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Not sure that the 8 channels is correct. I know what it says and I know it comes with a 8 channel Rx but I'm thinking it is good up to atleast 11 channels maybe 12. If you have a 12X PCM/MV then it might very well work with how ever many channels the radio is capable of. If you go to the JR Propo Japan website then it shows the same module with an 11 channel Rx and shows what radios the module is compatible with. So I don't think what is on the Horizon website is correct. I'm not so sure how good of a deal it is either at half the price of a radio you're almost better off getting a new radio that can utilize the full benefits and features of the new DMSS technology, ie, telemetry, model match (there is a different name for it now but same thing), switch assignability, better programming, more mixes, just an all around better radio if you can get past the new non-traditional look.

Spektrum is NOT JR! JR was still JR radios but used Spektrum's 2.4 protocol. Now, JR is JR and finally truely genuinely JR again. Spektrum is Spektrum, JR is JR, Futaba is Futaba, Hitec is Hitec, so on and so forth, you get the idea. There is no fact behind me saying Spektrum is crap, it is just my opinion and is strictly that. I just never got behing the Spektrum DSM_ <-(pick a letter or number) thing. I was never sold on it and never liked that JR did what they did by choosing to go with that route. I greatly blame Horizon Hobby but have no substantial evidence to prove anything but I feel that they kinda took JR hostage with this marriage of JR and Spektrum. It was still a good product and flew planes just as good as any of the others but never liked the idea of it. Now that the future of JR and Spektrum is more evident it will be easier to choose which route to go. For those that chose to buy JR with the DSM_ <-(pick a letter or number) then they are kinda stuck, either they fly what they got and or go completely Spektrum that way they don't have to buy any new Rx's or go Genuine JR or give Horizon Hobby the middle finger all together and go Futaba. If you're going to have to buy new Rx's for the JR system and you feel betrayed and totally pissed about the situation then why not just go Futaba other than paying too much for a radio and Rx but it might go with the saying you get what you pay for??? Those are the options for the so called JR loyals that had a post 2.4 JR radio.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well thanks for the information...I like JR and have there PCM10 which is a wonderful radio just on MHZ and I fly large gas. I am looking for a new radio and was sold on the Aurora 9 until someone told me that Hitec was crap and don't do it...then I looked at the 9503 JR and that fits my bill nicely...so any advice...I have never been a great Futaba fan...if I could get a 2.4 module for the PCM10 I probably would be happy if it would be solid enough to trust in a large gas plane... any thoughts.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, I don't think that I would be purchasing the 9503 now. I like the radio and it does a great job and would probably be a step up from what you have but it is basically an obsolete system and already out dated. I currently fly the JR PCM 10X, it is 10-12 yrs. old now, I do have the 2.4 module for it but don't hardly use it. I've only used it on a couple of park flyers that I have that already come with a DSM2 Rx. Otherwise I am still strictly PCM. I have a 50cc Extra that I fly with it with no issues what so ever. I absolutely LOVE the 10X radio! But there are some features with the 2.4 radios that aren't in the older ones that I've mentioned in my previous post and I'd like to have and utilize. I understand the desire to have the module for the 10 channel radio that you have and it would be a rock solid 2.4 link with the plane but that would be about the only thing you would benefit from going that route. There are "hidden" features in the 2.4 radios that you don't get with the 2.4 module in the older radios. I guess if you are a JR guy and you want to stay JR then the timing couldn't be any better than now. I'd strongly recommend the XG8 or XG11 radios. Both are packed with features and new technology at a reasonable and affordable (to most) price, including a new case design/styling, which at first I was highly turned off on because I actually like the traditional style of say the 9503, 10X, 12X style cases but when I got to hold an 11X for the first time it changed my feelings about that immediately. After that I really didn't care how it looked, it just fit my hands and my method better than any other radio out there. I quickly became a fan of the new styling and design because it is more ergonomical and just works better for me. I don't know that these radios are for everyone but it definately works for me. There were just some things in the 11X that I felt were lacking so I never did make the plunge and now I'm really glad that I didn't. So I guess once these new radios hit the market I strongly recommend not ordering one off the internet right away, I'd go to your local hobby shop first and try one on and see what ones work for you. You are in a unique situation because you can start fresh with a whole new 2.4 system and you don't necessarily have to stick with JR because you are going to have to buy new Rx's anyway, so you can go with whatever brand you desire and deem fit for you and your budget. You mentioned Hitec and your buddy's recommendation and I would probably agree with him. I'm not much of a Hitec fan either. I'd stay away from them if I were you but JR, Spektrum, Futaba, Airtronics, and Graupner all have some great offerings, all are respectable, and all have a good reputation. Get your hands on some at the hobby shop set them all on the counter and start comparing them apples for apples. That's what I plan on doing once the XG11 and the DX18 come out. I want to sit them right next to each other and compare them, switch by switch, programming feature for programming feature, price of radio and price of Rx's, Rx selection, Tx cases so on and so forth. I will not buy one or the other with out having them both in my hands first. Then I might shop around on the internet and find where I can find the best deals. Hope this helps Rick.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Daveyrt
    if I could get a 2.4 module for the PCM10 I probably would be happy if it would be solid enough to trust in a large gas plane... Â*any thoughts.
    all the JR Radios that use a module and are capable of PPM transmission (PCM 10, 10S, 10SX, 10SXII, 10X, x-347, 388s, xp783, xp8103, xp9303, possibly others) use the same module. the 12XMV uses a different module, not sure about which module the 11x-Zero sold outside North America uses. so as long as the module fits any of the above, it fits the others.
    Contest Director for the AMA
    Grand Forks, North Dakota- Where time stands still but the air is always moving.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Brian Dorff

ORIGINAL: Daveyrt
    if I could get a 2.4 module for the PCM10 I probably would be happy if it would be solid enough to trust in a large gas plane... Â*any thoughts.
    all the JR Radios that use a module and are capable of PPM transmission (PCM 10, 10S, 10SX, 10SXII, 10X, x-347, 388s, xp783, xp8103, xp9303, possibly others) use the same module. the 12XMV uses a different module, not sure about which module the 11x-Zero sold outside North America uses. so as long as the module fits any of the above, it fits the others.
    I believe the Spektrum Module is no longer available except a Used one from the Market.
    Rich
    byronf16@gmail.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Also, note that the PCM 10 series of radios are only capable of 9 channels while in PPM mode, which all 2.4 GHz modules require. for 10 channels you need to be using a FM MHz PCM Rx.
    Contest Director for the AMA
    Grand Forks, North Dakota- Where time stands still but the air is always moving.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It helped a ton...thank you very much for the lenghty discourse...I decided...to put money down on a new XG11....Horizon has it for a good price for a new 11 channel, and you are right...I have the unique situation of not having anything to retro or match...it is a fresh start for me.... The radio will not ship until late June so I have some time to read as much as I can...I called Horizon and talked to them...they mentioned that the technology in the radio is not new....DMSS has been used for quite a while in Europe and is just now being introduced to the US. it was the way I purchased my PCM 10C when it first came out and I was never sorry...it is still a beautiful radio and I love it, but I lost two 30cc planes with it for no apparant reason...Just..."I haven't got it" you know the feeling.....I fly on 53 and was in the Dallas area at the time....said enough! and layed off until now...20 years LOL ... before the internet guys, so this is new to me too!!!. I like large gas airplanes and Multi engine so a radio that rejects RF is of great importance to me...and as for programming...not a big deal for me....I learned the 10C when there weren't programmable radios...now it seems so simple. Everything you have said makes perfect sense to me...thank you so much for your help and pushing me off the fence.

rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

so....which module would you put in the PCM 10... Hitec...? JR's module is out of the park on price... cost of a new radio....

rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry that reply was to be to your RCFLYIN...and Brian thanks for your help also...just getting used to forums...wow what a difference from 20 years ago....

rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

And PipeMajor..you started it all....thanks...

rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi,

I have a 9303 on 72 and I bought the 2.4 Hitec module for it and it seems to work well. As a bonus, the Hitec 2.4 receivers are very reasonably priced. The Hitec 2.4 RF module and receiver software/firmware allows upgrading to the latest version by the web using the programming interface without having to send them back to the manufacturer.

The 72 module I have for my 9303 is synthesized so I can select any 72 channel - as a result I can now fly both 72 and 2.4 receivers with my 9303 just by changing the module.

I also bought a Hitec Aurora 9 since it allows 72 to fly with pos or neg shift, and it also allows changing from mode 1 to mode 2 (without removing the case), and allows flying 2.4 or 72 (channel selected by radio). It also allows the 2.4 and radio software/firmware to keep up to date though the web with their interface - no more sending radios back for the latest updates.

I'm very pleased with both radios.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne

\"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!\" - Benjamin Franklin

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wayne...thanks again for the help and experience...you didn't say what you fly... If I were still flying Glow I would not hesitate to use the PCM10 on 53 even though it is a 20 year old radio....Unless JR gets a grip on price for a module and receiver for their older radios...I will probably go with Hitec. I know it's mixing and matching equipment since I ordered the XG11...but no sense in throwing away a perfectly good radio. There is just so much MHZ stuff in the air now days, especially around a big city, that can swamp older technology, that to put any kind of money in the air on MHZ ... I feel ... is just asking for it. Any other thoughts?

Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I know DMSS has been around for a while in Europe and other markets - at least a year or more.

There should be enough "stick time" with this system in the real world to judge how well it works. How about it DMSS owners - thumbs up or down?
    AMA #386

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast