Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX6I servo travel in delta wing configuration

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 02:21 PM
smilam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX6I servo travel in delta wing configuration

When I program the DX6I for a delta wing the servos reduce their throw to about half of what is normal. You can toggle between active and inhibit and see the difference. The same thing happened on another delta wing that I had and another gentleman played with my radio at a flyin untill he finally achieved full travel but I don't remember what he told me he did to get full travel. I thought I could copy the program but I have already programmed a different airplane In that memory position.
Can somebody help me with this? I will keep track of the answer for the next time.
Thanks.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:20 PM
smilam

Default RE: DX6I servo travel in delta wing configuration

Never mind. I found the answer on a RC Groups forumn.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:15 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

smilam - did it involve going to the travel menus and increasing the travel beyond 100%?

I've noticed the DX8 does the same thing when going to a v-tail mix. The JR radios I was using allowed a total of 150% travel or something like that when using the v-tail mix, the Spektrum radio reduced the travel for each channel so the TOTAL of using rudder and elevator (in my case) resulted in 100% throw. Caused some tense moments when swapping race planes over to the DX8 from the DX7, 8103, and 9303 radios. The DX7 programming appeared to be based on the JR method, the DX8 was the one that cut the throws back.

And I wondered why when I switched radios it seemed like all of a sudden I had no elevator response on the quickees.. turns out there was a perfectly explainable reason for it!

Now I just set up the mechanical throws to make up the difference. I think Spektrum may have done this to avoid over-driving some servos with too much travel. Not a bad idea, but you have to watch for it.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:52 PM
smilam

Hi Gordon
I had to use the dual servo program and add Aux 1 mixing.
Steve