Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR9303 issue

Old 06-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Red Raider
My Feedback: (86)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR9303 issue

I was setting up the ailerons on my MXS-R with my 9303 to use 2 different channels. I needed to turn down the travel to fit the recommended throws for precision aerobatics as opposed to 3-D. I was in the travel adjustment menu and selected the aileron channel. It let me adjust the "left" throw, then the right. I went into the servo reverse menu to get everything going in the right direction, and now the travel adjustment won't let me select "right" throw at all. It flashes and goes back to left throw even with me holding the stick all the way to the right. What's up? I just got the radio back from horizon where they put a new motherboard in it. Haven't used it but maybe 3 or 4 times. Never had this kind of issue before. I always consider that I'm doing something wrong before I assume the radio is the issue. Let me know what you think.
Steve
Old 06-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Red Raider

Default RE: JR9303 issue

I forgot to add, that the right aileron won't work at all now the way that I have it set up.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:45 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 343 Likes on 274 Posts

How do you have it set up? Are you using mates or trying to do it with a pmix or worse, flapperon mixing?

Which MSX-R btw? I have the Red Aero 50cc and LOVE it!
Old 06-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Red Raider

I was setting it up on channel 2 (aileron) and aux 1. I didn't mate them. Is that the problem?
Old 06-06-2012, 05:10 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Red Raider

I was setting it up on channel 2 (aileron) and aux 1. I didn't mate them. Is that the problem?
I have had the 9303 for years. It is better to use Mate, when possible, rather than using a Pmix.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:14 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 343 Likes on 274 Posts

Turn off flapperon or disable the p-mix.

Inhibit AUX1 in the device menu, and set the ailerons up as mates in the wing type menu (going from memory here)

Then setup your end points.

Here's mine...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81603.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	372.4 KB
ID:	1769919   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu64725.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	324.9 KB
ID:	1769920   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze85139.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1769921  
Old 06-06-2012, 09:15 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

While there may be a very remote chance you have a hardware problem, the overwhelming odds are that you have a programming situation. It is not serious enough to call it a problem! First let me expand on Rich’s comment, "It is better to use Mate, when possible, rather than using a Pmix." The reason for this is that the 9303 ACRO program mixes don’t carry the master channel attributes, such as trim, to the slave channels. This holds for all the flying surface channels. The Throttle channel is the only exception. When you are pairing ailerons, elevators, rudders, or flaps, use the Wing TYPE menu. With this menu when you select an optional wing type, enable the V-tail or dual/mate a channel, the master channel attributes will apply to the slave channel. No other way will do it.

Andy is most likely correct in diagnosing your problem. You have stated that you are using AUX1 for your second aileron channel. This is the default left aileron channel if you have chosen the flaperon wing type. I’m willing to bet this what you have done. If so, make certain your flap switch is in the middle position. If it is in either the upper or lower position and you haven’t reduced the FLAP SYS values, you will not be able to adjust the travel of either of the ailerons in one particular direction. This is because you have used up all the aileron travel in the direction the flaperons are pointing.

If you have dual ailerons and don’t wish to have flaperons, the correct programming is to use a NORMAL wing type and dual/mate an inhibited channel to the aileron. It is sloppy programming to use the flaperon wing type and then turn around and inhibit the flap channel to get rid of the flaperon function. You can get away with it on the 9303 and 12X but the newer 11X will not allow it.

Allan