Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

JR11X is dead

I think I may have hooked up my JR11X to the charger wrong or something. Anyway, it won't turn on now at all. No power. Does it have a fuse in it that I blew or something. I did a similar thing to my old 9303 and blew a fuse. An easy fix, but does the 11X have a fuse in the back as well? Can I just take the cover off and fix it myself?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: JR11X is dead

every jr ive had has he fuse I have a 11x butt have not had back off so I can't say 100% I carry a fuse in my flight box
    don\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'cry\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\' till\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'it hits

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ahhh, I pulled the back cover off and it does have a fuse. I replaced it and it works. Thank God!! Now I'm back in business.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I never could figure out why JR had to reverse the polarity of its tx charge leads compared to every other peice of electronic equipment ever made. I have seen so many people plug in the wrong jack to their radios, though I have yet to do it as I usually charge with the stock charger and don't have any futaba leads in my field box.
    Contest Director for the AMA
    Grand Forks, North Dakota- Where time stands still but the air is always moving.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I did use the right charge lead, but I think I had static electricity or something when I plugged it in. It's working now.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is a well known problem. Just make sure your charger is powered off when you plug or unplug it from your 11X and it shouldn't happen again. I carry a spare fuse just in case, though.

Greg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Flyboy1958

I think I may have hooked up my JR11X to the charger wrong or something. Anyway, it won't turn on now at all. No power. Does it have a fuse in it that I blew or something. I did a similar thing to my old 9303 and blew a fuse. An easy fix, but does the 11X have a fuse in the back as well? Can I just take the cover off and fix it myself?
    A long time ago, I was advised to always turn on the power to the Tx before connecting the Charger to the Charge Port on the Tx. When the Tx is powered up, the Charge Port is disconnected from the Tx. There is a slight chance that you can short out the Charge Port while inserting the Charge Connector into the Charge Port. This is one way to blow the Fuse.

Powering up the Tx before connecting the Charger will prevent blowing a fuse. When you turn off the Tx, the Charge will begin.
    Rich
    byronf16@gmail.com