Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR11X is dead

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Flyboy1958
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR11X is dead

I think I may have hooked up my JR11X to the charger wrong or something. Anyway, it won't turn on now at all. No power. Does it have a fuse in it that I blew or something. I did a similar thing to my old 9303 and blew a fuse. An easy fix, but does the 11X have a fuse in the back as well? Can I just take the cover off and fix it myself?
Old 06-07-2012, 07:26 PM
k12rc

Default RE: JR11X is dead

every jr ive had has he fuse I have a 11x butt have not had back off so I can't say 100% I carry a fuse in my flight box
Old 06-08-2012, 02:31 AM
Flyboy1958

Ahhh, I pulled the back cover off and it does have a fuse. I replaced it and it works. Thank God!! Now I'm back in business.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:37 PM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

I never could figure out why JR had to reverse the polarity of its tx charge leads compared to every other peice of electronic equipment ever made. I have seen so many people plug in the wrong jack to their radios, though I have yet to do it as I usually charge with the stock charger and don't have any futaba leads in my field box.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Flyboy1958

I did use the right charge lead, but I think I had static electricity or something when I plugged it in. It's working now.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:36 PM
gsmarino2000
My Feedback: (2)

This is a well known problem. Just make sure your charger is powered off when you plug or unplug it from your 11X and it shouldn't happen again. I carry a spare fuse just in case, though.

Greg
Old 06-23-2012, 06:51 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Flyboy1958

I think I may have hooked up my JR11X to the charger wrong or something. Anyway, it won't turn on now at all. No power. Does it have a fuse in it that I blew or something. I did a similar thing to my old 9303 and blew a fuse. An easy fix, but does the 11X have a fuse in the back as well? Can I just take the cover off and fix it myself?
A long time ago, I was advised to always turn on the power to the Tx before connecting the Charger to the Charge Port on the Tx. When the Tx is powered up, the Charge Port is disconnected from the Tx. There is a slight chance that you can short out the Charge Port while inserting the Charge Connector into the Charge Port. This is one way to blow the Fuse.

Powering up the Tx before connecting the Charger will prevent blowing a fuse. When you turn off the Tx, the Charge will begin.