Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

8103 flaperon question

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 04:09 AM
cbreeze
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8103 flaperon question

Greetings,

Been doin RC for a while but have, up to now, kept it simple and have done nothing beyond dual rates and expo. I have a 8103 radio and am having a problem when it comes to configuring my radio/plane for flaperons. Can you please help me with two questions?

What is a flap pot? is this referring to the flap dial?

Now about the flaperon problem. I bought the Harry Higley book hoping that it would help. In some ways it did, in other ways not. I followed the instructions in the 8103 manual and I can get the flaperons to work but I would like to have the flaperon option activated with a switch. The way the plane is set up now and after following the book I can only get the flaperons with the dial and I have minimal control surface deflection. I personally do not like the dial set up and would prefer a simple switch to activate my flaperons. If I can transfer the on/off function from the dial to a switch, how can I get a larger control deflection?

Thank you.

Chuck B.

P.S. Would be nice to see a radio manual written a little more
user friendly :-)

Old 09-04-2003, 10:43 AM
Jemo
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It depends on what you want to do. If you just want flaps or spoilers, use the landing switch, real simple to set up.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:11 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The flap pot is the flap dial. You can inhibit the flap pot through the flap pot function in the system, then you can use the landing function to set up flaps on the switch. To set up another position for the switch, you can follow these instructions. http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...20&forumid=174 If you have any further questions please feel free to give one of our product support techs a call at 877-504-0233..