Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX8-Issue with importing all models from SD card

Old 07-25-2012, 04:37 AM
tlroliff
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX8-Issue with importing all models from SD card

I was attempting to "import all models" from one DX8 to another using the SD card. The process would stop after a couple of seconds and only the first model would be imported to the TX. I looked at the card on my laptop and found that several model postions had two differnent models assigned to them. In other words, there were two file names that started with 01, two with 02 etc. If I export models individually to the card is it possible to have multiple models assigned to the same slot on the SD card? I was under the impression they are over-written. Is that what was confusing the process and causing the abort?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:10 PM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
Default RE: DX8-Issue with importing all models from SD card

Both will be imported, but only one will stay. Rename them on your PC to clarify where you want them to go.

When it aborts, it will tell you which file it had trouble with. Import just that one and it will tell you the specific error.

Andy
Old 07-25-2012, 11:45 PM
electricpete

Andy

Are the programs models that are available on the DX8 available on the dx18. I am specially interested in radian pro, and the small blade heli with collective pitch and new stabilisation.

Peter
Old 07-26-2012, 04:01 AM
AndyKunz

I don't know, I know they're working on them, but that's it. Usually they're created by the designers for their own models, or by one of the facebook team.

Andy
Old 07-27-2012, 10:23 AM
tlroliff

Will DX18 and DX8 model programming files be interchangeable at all?
Old 07-27-2012, 06:08 PM
AndyKunz

I don't expect that to happen anytime soon, if ever. There are differences that would make it quite difficult, as people who are trying to make PC-based editors have learned. It wasn't done with the intention of making it difficult, it was necessary to support all the extra features in the DX18 most notably the sequencers, sailplanes, and extra mixes.

Andy
Old 07-29-2012, 04:30 PM
tlroliff

Thanks, I really didn't expect they would be with all the different features the DX18 has.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:24 PM
electricpete

I have just taxied a trainer around my back lawn to try out the telemetry reporting . It seems quite good, some instructions might be handy. It appears that somethinggot caught in the motor and caused a lot of errors. This was only a test run and a learning experience. How do I remove this program. If I manage tio fly on Saturday, with two separate models, how do I know which is which.
Peter
Old 08-27-2012, 05:12 PM
AndyKunz

Just go to the Telemetry menu and change the sensors all to either INH or change the Display for each sensor to INH.

Andy
Old 09-02-2012, 12:30 AM
electricpete

Hi Andy

I am having serious problems with programming my blade Dcp X heli. I have tried to program it with similar programming info from the DX8 instructions included in the heli manual. Initially I only want to be able to fly it in the simple mode. I am getting to grips with this after about a years use. At the moment. I cannot get the motor to run, (my friend tried it on his dx7 and it was ok) For some reason I can only change the flight mode control, with the rotary programming dial, and I think it might work there but it is a bit risky since i might cause all sorts of problem.

I use switch H to go into hold mode but I seemed to have it reversed as when I switch on (in hold mode) the alarm does not sound, but when it is in normal mode the alarm sounds.

I am very pleased with the DX18, which allows me to to do much more with the sailplane mode. I have a friend who flys large scale gliders, who is suitably impress after changing from a macgregor 10. He has also given me a copy of his program, so I can improve my glider program.

I only wish I could fly a DCP x in a simple mode.

Peter
Old 09-02-2012, 02:11 PM
AndyKunz

Hi Pete,

Unfortunately I'm the wrong guy to ask about heli problems. I can fly MCX and MSR but nothing with CP, and it really not on my "to do" list

If the motor isn't running, that tells me that the throttle travel might need to be adjusted lower so that it arms. That's about the only thing I can think of for this.

Andy
Old 09-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Aerocal

Peter
Im not quite sure I understand what problem your having.No motor in Normal mode but it will spoolup in ST-1? Before having to ask 100 questions about your setup can you attach your SPM(model) file in this thread so I can load it in my radio and have a look at what you might have going on? RCU hasnt answered me about directly supporting the SPM file extension so you will have to change it to .txt or zip it up so you can attach it.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:38 PM
electricpete

Thanks aerocal can I email the Mcp x programme to you as my pc is saying RC universe has a virus. Ian sending this from an iPad but not sure how to send an attachment from an iPad

Peter. Peterbwood at aol.com
Old 09-03-2012, 10:07 AM
Aerocal

Peter
Yes you can send it to [email protected] Ill keep an eye out for it.Put SPM in the subject line.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:43 AM
electricpete

Thanks aerocal, it works great, I have only tried it in back garden. I stopped over the hold switch to h get to try it on different rates, and I might put timer on throttle.

Peter
Old 09-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Aerocal

Great.You should have a 4min timer activated by throttle. F switch are your rates.Up is 100% with no expo,middle 100% with 35% expo to mellow it around center and down 75% rate with 25% expo.Down should be the mellowest to start out with.