Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

dsc on X-378

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 09:49 PM
nascarfan88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dsc on X-378

Help Please. My X-378 has the direct servo control (DSC) function but I can't get it to work. The cord I am using is made by JR.

Also, Horizon Hobbies did send me the programming instructions for the Ultra Stick (see my earlier post) Thanks.

Just a note: The DSC cord aircraft side has a pin in the outer holes of the plug(pins 1 & 3) and the center is empty. At the same time, the charge jack uses the center hole and one outer hole (1 & 2). Is this a concern? Just a thought.
Old 09-12-2003, 07:45 AM
Mac_Man_UK

Default RE: dsc on X-378

Yep.... you have the problem staring you in the face !

The charge connector on your a/c doesnt have the wiring. You would need to change your switch harness for the variant with all 3 wires connected. Here in the UK we use a different stock code to Horizon BUT I believe that what you need to look at is their code

#JRPA001 or #JRPA004.

The DSC signal is between pin 1 and pin 3 of the cable. If you connect it to a socket that only has pins 1 & 2 ( earth & +ve ) it wont work.

Give the guys a call ( 1-800-338-4639 ) and see what they suggest is a suitable switch harness for you.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:46 PM
nascarfan88

Default RE: dsc on X-378

Thanks MAC MAN

I really kind of suspected something like that but was really unsure how the DSC was supposed to work but did make sense that only one wire wasn't going to get it. Guess I'll have to get that switch harness on order. If you happen to know the whereabouts of a good set of plans over there for a DeHaviland DH71 Tiger Moth I'm looking. In particular JB aviation has a kit but I can't seem to get them to answer (possibly they don't export). The DH71 is a low wing monoplane built for racing and it's rare.

Thanks Again. Say hi to Charles for us.