Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

12x rudder centering issue

I discovered a very strange issue with my 12x. Setting up a new pattern plane, I discovered the servo centering on the rudder servo changed slightly as Ichanged flight modes. Imade sure Ihade no mixing active and the flight mode enable had trim common between modes. I changes switch assignments and even turned off the flight modes and used only the rudderrate switch. The problem persistedin everycase. I then checkedanother plane I had been flying alllast season, and sure enough, it experienced the same issue.

If both rates are set the same, there is no shift in center, only when there is a difference in throw and the larger the difference, then more the center shift.

If this is some programming issue, I don't know where it is?

Dale>>

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 12x rudder centering issue

At this point, I would open a new model and do a reset, then start programming manually in what I wanted. I had the elevators miss-porgrammed once and the trim only affected one side. After some head scratching, ... A reset and restart from scratch helped me stumble on the fix.

Is there a sub-trim programmed in on the rudder?
    Sprint, P-90rxi, DX9
    AW 35% Extra, DLE 111, DX8
    AW Checkmate, DLE 55,
    PA Extra MX & Ultimate
    3 Helis
    N8AGS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 12x rudder centering issue

Itried everything, the problem persists. I contacted Tony Stillman at Radio South, who tells me this is a calibration issue. It has probab;y been present all along, as Iwould never have noticed it in flight, only switching to different rates for snaps and spins.

Dale