Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

8103 Battery Plug

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 08:22 AM
SuperCub Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8103 Battery Plug

HI Danny, I notice the plug on the 8103 battery is a little different than the previous JR XMTTR battery plugs so the earlier ones don't fit (like from a 652). I like to carry an extra XMTTR battery to the field with me on long day trips when I have two or three aircraft to fky, as a back-up. Haven't needed it yet with the 8103 as the 600Mah battery it came with seems to last forever, but I have a 700MaH battery and a 1200 MaH Nimh that I may want to use and I don't want to screw around with the wrong plugs. Are these available? What is the part number and price? Is this a good/bad idea? - As usual - thanks
Old 09-16-2003, 08:52 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 8103 Battery Plug

The connectors are not actually a part that we sell. I would recommend calling in to one of our product support techs at 877-504-0233 for further assistance.
Old 09-16-2003, 04:38 PM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

You can get the plugs (with leads) at Maxx_MPI products. They also carry the mate so you can make up charging cables so you can charge the battery pack directly out of the Tx.
Old 09-17-2003, 09:20 AM
dsnyder

Keep in mind that user alterations and modifications of the system voids any warranty that may be in place.
Old 09-17-2003, 07:02 PM
SuperCub Man

I heard that Danny!! No alterations. Although I'm not sure you understood the plug I was refering to. It is the one inside the case that in on the battery leads that plugs into the XMTTR. It is white. However that may be construed as a modification so let it be for now. How low can I let the XMTTR battery go before it is not safe to fly? I have heard various voltages right down to 9 volts but I'd like your answer. I hate personally getting below 10Volts!!
Old 09-18-2003, 09:24 AM
dsnyder

The battery pack is a 9.6 volt pack, and you are safe to fly down to say 9.3-9.4, perhaps lower. Personnally however, when the battery voltage gets to 9.6 or just a bit below, I charge just to be on the safe side. If it is at 9.6 when you turn the system on, you are fine to fly a 10-20 minute flight without any problems. The discharge curve of the battery is flat around 9.6 volts, so it will stay at 9.6 for quite some time.
Old 09-18-2003, 03:13 PM
MooseLoad

I ran into a similar problem with a NiMh pack I picked up and I found a cheap and maybe even local solution to your problem. I found what I needed at a local Batteries Plus store...the plug in question is quite common on cordless phone batteries. The guys in the store simply pulled 2 dead packs out of their recycle bin, lopped off the plugs and sent me on my way N/C. After that I simply cut the old plug off the NiMh pack and spliced this plug in its place. If you do this, be SURE to check the polarity of the plug before you make the splice. If I had simply put red to red I would have fried my radio as the plug positions were reversed. A small flat screwdriver to pry up the holding tabs on the plug and it all looks nice and pretty...and works like a charm.