Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR 11X STICK POSITION SWITCH

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 10:48 AM
tschmidt
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 11X STICK POSITION SWITCH

Is it possible to use the Stick Position Switch to change from 1 flight mode to another on the 11x (I have not updated to the XG11 software). I need to be able to flip a switch then use a stick position to access the settings in my 2nd flight mode (to do a better negative snap). . The manual doesn't offer a whole lot of information on Stick Position Switch, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Todd Schmidt
Old 06-19-2013, 12:26 AM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: JR 11X STICK POSITION SWITCH

Todd,

I’m unclear why you want to use a stick position switch to change flight modes unless it is to change something other than the aileron, rudder and elevator rates. With version 1 software it is not possible to change flight modes with the normal, general-purpose stick position switches. With version 2 (XG11) software, it can be done with custom flight modes.

For both software versions, the SNAP ROLL menu has its own stick position switches that will cause the aileron, rudder and elevator to deflect a predesignated amount when one or more sticks are pushed passed a given point(s). This can be done without regard to flight mode or it can require a specific flight mode.

I’ve used this function in place of a snap switch.

Allan

Old 06-19-2013, 01:54 AM
tschmidt
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks Allan, I'll give the snap roll menu a look..

Thanks again for your help!

Todd
Old 06-19-2013, 10:17 AM
AWorrest

Todd,

While you can have the snap function operational for all flight modes, it is not a safe condition. As the manual states, when using the position switches, the snap should be tied to a specific flight mode so you can turn it off.

Youmay not be able tosimply dial in the position switch activationpoint as the manual states. I have forgotten how the version one software worked but if it is the same as version two, you have to use the sticks to set a value. After activating an axis swtich, hold the stick to the position you want but it must be beyond the 50% point. A STO message will appear in the lower left corner of the screen. Push the button next to the message to store the value.

Allan

Old 02-25-2014, 05:09 AM
Gripchion

Hey Todd did u ever figure out how to do this. Joe and I tried for about an hour last night and couldn't get the stick position switch to run flight modes for Dr and Expo.
Jay Scott
Old 02-25-2014, 05:17 AM
Gripchion

Oh by the way I'm loving the new radio. The balance feature is worth the price of admission. My ailerons were almost a degree and a half at some points and setting up the elevators is a cake walk compared to setting them up with the 9303.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:59 AM
AWorrest

Jay,

What software version are you using? For version one, the stick position switches that I wrote to Todd about are part of the Snap Roll menu. They are not the general purpose stick position switches. These switches will move the surfaces to a given position when the stick or sticks are pushed passed a certain point. The effect is the same as using the snap switch which is also available.

In version two, you can also change the flight mode by using the general purpose stick position switches in conjunction with the CUSTOM flight mode in the DeviceSEL. In addition, the rates/expos can be control by the stick position switches when using the SW-AUTO in the D/R&EXPO menu on page 3.

Allan
Old 02-28-2014, 04:29 PM
Gripchion

Sorry for not getting back with u sooner aworrest. I have software version 0001-0104. Is this still version 1 programming? I just bought the radio from chief aircraft a couple of weeks ago. I have been digging in the forums on rc groups and see a forum that u r very active in that talks about an upgrade to 0002-0103. I understand that makes the programming more like the xg11 do u think its worth the upgrade. If it is then it sounds like the time for me upgrade being that I just started setting up my pattern plane on my new radio. I also see that there is a version 2 upgrade, from the version 1, but u don't see many people talking about that one. Why is that? Thanks in advance for yr time and patience.
jay
Old 02-28-2014, 05:12 PM
Gripchion

Aworrest I see that on the jr America website there is a version 0002-0102. That I take it is the version 2 update for the 11x. Do u fly pattern? I go to the Omaha Nebraska contest. We always have a great time.
JS
Old 03-01-2014, 12:02 AM
AWorrest

Jay,

If you don’t have any prior experience with the JR 9303, 9503. or 12X and your main interest is powered planes, I wouldn’t recommend that you upgrade to the version two software yet. While the 11X programming is easier than the other JR transmitters I listed, it still differs enough from earlier JR transmitters and other brands that it can cause confusion. As version one software has fewer menu pages and esoteric options than version two, it is best to cut your teeth on version one first.

The other reason I wouldn’t recommend jumping to version two right off is that it offers little over version one in the ACRO mode. You do get more flight modes, but I’ve never had a need for more than the three ACRO flight modes that version one has. Version two gives you the ability to construct a combination of linear and expo rates similar to those on the 12X. It is not an easy task to do so and I’ve never had the need for it.

Version two has an advantage with the improved TRIM IN function. TRIM IN is a way to change mix ratios for several of the premixes while in flight. Both versions have it but the version one manual doesn’t mention it. The trim switches perform double duty. When the trim switches are used as TRIM IN switches, the trims are held in memory and only the rates are changed. In version one you must on the ground set the trim switches as either normal trims or TRIM IN switches. In version two you can choose between the functions while in the air.

It is in the GLID programing mode that I find version two is more advantageous. The timer can be actuated by flight modes. While this can also be done in ACRO, it isn’t as beneficial as on a glider where the throttle stick is not used for motor control. Flight modes can also be changed by the stick position switches. Again I’m not sure why one would want to do this in ACRO, but in GLID it lightens the work load when coming off a launch.

I can’t comment on the advantages of version two for HELI as I only dabble with helicopters.

The 11X’s software numbering is different from that used for the XG series. The first four-digit group signifies the upgrade version and the last four digits the update version. So 0001-0104 is the fourth update to version one software. Horizon Hobby had versions 0001-0104 and 0002-0100 on their web site. Version 0002-0102 on JR Americas is a link to the JR PROPO (Japan) web site. I’ve never been able to download it from there. I get a "web page not found" message. I wrote JR Americas asking for an update to version two. They emailed me version 0002-0103. There is a thread on RCG Radios forum, JR11X2.4 0002-0100 Update, where issues are discussed.

I used to go to Omaha to compete in their pattern contest. Never was a good pilot and the passing of years hasn’t help. Now I fly pattern mostly for my own amusement. I try to make it to their contest as a spectator.

Allan
Old 03-01-2014, 03:39 AM
Gripchion

Thanks for the info Allen I hope to see u at the Omaha contest this year. Your time is much appreciated.
Jay Scott
Old 03-18-2014, 07:06 AM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

Nothing to add to the radio discussion, but nice to see familiar names from the Omaha pattern contest. I plan on returning this year, hopefully with a more contemporary aircraft than the prophecy I flew last year. See you all in August.
Brian Dorff