Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Transmitter Beeping

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 12:45 PM
darrzemp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmitter Beeping

My friend has a DXS8 and with telemetery module hooked up he gets a beep and screen flash after 5 to 6 elevator up-pulls on the stick the transmitter beeps once and the screen does a momentary flash It keeps doing this on successive applications of the same kind. . The same thing happens on a 5-6 down-pushs on the stick. ONLY the Elevator does this, NO other control input. If he unplugs the telemetry module NO beeps! What's up?

Sincerely - Darryl
Old 09-03-2013, 05:45 PM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What sensors are connected to the telemetry unit?
Are any alarms set in the TX?
I'm also wondering what kind of current the elevator servo(s) draw at full deflection.
It may be that the travel needs to be set so that the servos or the elevator doesn't hit the mechanical stops.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:50 AM
darrzemp

Thanks Chuckk2 - I'll certainly have him check all of those things. Great that someone finally replied. Sincerely - Darryl
Old 09-04-2013, 04:16 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What did Horizon have to say when you called them?
Old 09-04-2013, 08:16 AM
darrzemp

Hi Flyinwalenda - I didn't call Horizon and even posting on the JR/Spectrum factory site didn't get a response from them. I do get better from Futaba even if they don't quite get it either. Just guess I'm not going to dish bad about anyone. Seems we modelers have to figure lots of things out for ourselves in resects of this great hobby of ours. Good thing the forums help on things. Sincerely - Darryl
Old 09-04-2013, 08:24 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I would call them and present the issue to a tech and I'm sure they will work on it. Horizons service is better than most.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:56 PM
darrzemp

Well that's good to hear. Will try that approach. - Thanks, Darryl
Old 09-06-2013, 06:27 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by darrzemp
Hi Flyinwalenda - I didn't call Horizon and even posting on the JR/Spectrum factory site didn't get a response from them. I do get better from Futaba even if they don't quite get it either. Just guess I'm not going to dish bad about anyone. Seems we modelers have to figure lots of things out for ourselves in resects of this great hobby of ours. Good thing the forums help on things. Sincerely - Darryl
What site would that be? I didn't realize we had a "JR/Spektrum factory site" available.

You're better off using the "I have an issue" link on the Community site. You see that link when you have radios registered. (I assume you mean DX8, not DSX8).

Of course, the best way to get help is through this link: http://www.horizonhobby.com/content/...der-contact-us

Andy
Old 09-07-2013, 06:59 AM
darrzemp

Thanks Andy. I think he's solved the problem, but I'll double check again ith him and post the solution. - Darryl