Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX9 mix programming

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 10:05 AM
eldoubleu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bottom line, that worked, but in my thought process if you were to assign AUX2 to Aux1 you would be controlling the servo that is plugged into 6 AUX1 not the one plugged into AUX2

Anywaythank you very much for your timeAndy,

Larry
Old 04-30-2014, 10:19 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Glad you got it now!

Andy
Old 10-04-2014, 11:52 PM
downunderjo

Hi there
I just got my new DX9 here in New Zealand and so far love it. What a great step up from the DX7. Not just in computing power but also in how it feels!

My challenge is:
I'm just finishing off my first gas plane and want to assign a certain switch to 'arm' the electrically powered ignition for the gas engine.
I kind of got it but the combination I got to work was on switch E is not how i think it should work..... When the switch E is on '0' it's armed (little unit is blinking, tacho is lighting up) but not on positions '1' or '2'.... How do I set it up that the ignition is armed when switch E is on '2'???

There would be extra points for the person who can tell me how to get the DX9 to say 'ignition' when the switch E is in position '2' ........ I know it can do it but the manual does not explain it properly (for me anyway).
Thanks for your help!!
Jo
Old 10-05-2014, 10:55 AM
AndyKunz

The "ignition" prompt is to report the ignition battery voltage. You would just select "Ignition" on the switch position report screen.

Can you attach your SPM file. How you adjust it to for pos 2 depends on what you did.

Andy
Old 10-06-2014, 12:05 AM
downunderjo

Hi Andy,
Thanks for your reply. I've had the transmitter for a little over a week and I really don't know what a SPM file is....
The manual that comes with this great computer radio is close to useless. All I want is use switch E to arm my ignition.
Help, I'm only a mechanical engineer
Old 10-06-2014, 07:19 AM
AndyKunz

SPM is the file type you get when you Export a model. How-to is in the manual.

What does your ignition require for a signal in order to arm it? Have you installed the latest update of the AirWare (from May)?

What have you done so far? Are you using a mix (like the subject suggests) or are you using the Digital Switch Setup screen (the purpose of the function is to define switch positions)?

I'm happy to help, just need a little information. The SPM file will answer those questions.

Andy
Old 07-13-2015, 12:12 AM
Jezza1656

Default DX9 black edition mode 1 6 servo setup and Moto

Hi can anyone here steer me in the right direction on how to set up the Spektrum DX9, I have a nan models orion 2.5 with twin ailerons, and twin flaps, elevator and rudder and motor I have the motor setup on right lever but cannot get the flaps to work on the right aileron stick normally used as throttle...I am using the 9 channel carbon receiver from spectrum....hope I have explained clearly enough.

Cheers Jerry
Old 07-13-2015, 05:11 AM
AndyKunz

You need to go to Camber System and tell the radio that you want the stick active, and in which flight modes.

Andy
Old 07-13-2015, 08:37 PM
Jezza1656

Still no joy with this radio trying to get flaps, I must honestly say it is the most confusing radio I have ever purchased, the book is of little help even upgrading firmware is complicated I download firmware put the card in the radio switch on and blank screen, think I will go back to my trusty JR. There needs to be some serious development done on howto program this radio this radio. I know the radio is capable of doing what I want and it probably is my shortfall in understanding the programming that is causing the issues but goto the book and see what is printed there, two pages for sailplanes.....cmon. Frustrated and disappointed.

Last edited by Jezza1656; 07-13-2015 at 09:04 PM.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:08 AM
Jezza1656

Fixed problem with updating firmware, seems the radio didn't like the card that came with it so I used another card after reading other people had issues so all good now in that department....onward and upward.....lol now for those pesky flaps....I finally got the flaps all worked out after following the Sherman knight guide. relieved to say the least.

Last edited by Jezza1656; 07-14-2015 at 06:11 AM.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:11 AM
AndyKunz

If you attach the SPM file for your model I can be much more helpful. Also, RCU is not the place to get good help. All the real experts are over in the RCG Radios forum.

Andy
Old 07-14-2015, 06:24 AM
Jezza1656

Hi Andy thanks for your help, I guess I just had to follow your lead and work through it, all good now, I can set the model up and work out the mixes as I go once I get the glider trimmed properly...
Cheers Jerry.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:26 AM
AndyKunz

Good flying, Jerry!

Andy