Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR 922 Powersafe Receiver

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 12:22 PM
mlr53
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 922 Powersafe Receiver

The manual shows that the receiver is capable of handling up to 10 volt batteries. I am looking to use two 7.2 volt Lithium Ion batteries. They peak charge at 8.2 volts. Does the receiver have a voltage regulator to protect the servos (rated at max 6 volt)?

Or do I have to run regulators inline between the batteries and the receiver in order to protect the servos?

As I understand it a 6 volt servo can handle up to 7.2 volts (max charge for a 6 volt battery), but not the 8.2 volts max charge for a 7.2 volt battery.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:10 PM
grizzly59

[h=3]Power safe features are below. No it does not have a regulator. It is designed to handle high voltage. If you do not have high voltage servos that handle 8.4 volts you will need a regulater. In line set up as this: Battery, switch, regulater, receiver. This means you will have a regulater set at 6 volts and that is what will be fed into your servos. Hope this helps.

Overview[/h]The R922 PowerSafe™ receiver is designed for models using multiple servos that draw excess current or multiple high-torque servos, such as giant-scale airplanes and jet models. It features a robust power bus designed to manage high-current loads, as well as dual 16AWG battery input leads with EC3 connectors for use with larger battery packs. This makes it possible to support high-current systems straight through the R922 without the need for a separate power system. As an added measure of safety, the R922 is designed with a soft switch. Servo current is routed around the switch so, should it fail for any reason, power to the system will not be interrupted.

This patented MultiLink™ receiver design contains a main unit which houses the power bus, and it includes 3 remote receivers which come with one of each: 9”, 12” and 24” remote receiver extensions. The dual path redundancy of Spektrum’s patented DuaLink® technology, plus the fact that each of the receivers is mounted in a slightly different location, exposes each to a different view of the RF environment and creates a bulletproof RF link in all conditions. Also, in the highly unlikely event that both of your batteries should ever drop below 3.5 volts, new Fast Reconnect circuitry in the R922 provides for control recovery the moment adequate voltage is restored. There is absolutely no delay. You can add an optional fourth remote receiver (JRPRR121—sold separately) to further enhance the receiving capabilities of the system for more complex aircraft.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:43 PM
mlr53
My Feedback: (1)

That's what I thought, thanks for the reply