Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR 2.4GHz DMSS module (TG2.4XP) - poor fit on JR 12X MV and Jr PCM 10X

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 07:35 PM
HankScorpio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 2.4GHz DMSS module (TG2.4XP) - poor fit on JR 12X MV and JR PCM 10X

Hello,

I have recently purchased a JR TG2.4XP 2.4GHz DMSS module, which can be used on most JR radios.

I have noticed the following:
  • The module's case is not a "snug" fit as the original PCM modules in the 10X and 12X.
  • In fact, there is no positive "click" as you insert the 2.4 GHz DMSS module, as opposed to the PCM modules.
  • Having said that, the overall fit on the 12X "feels" tight, because of the two headers in the module bay. Not so tight in the 10X which uses a single and different connector (the module has multiple connectors to accommodate the different transmitters).

So I am little concerned, because although the headers in the 12X form a sufficiently tight fit to keep the module in place, it is possible that it could slowly become loose, and that is the last thing I want to occur mid-flight.

The 10X uses one header, so it feels a lot looser. Also, and this is very strange, I can hear a kind of buzz/click/hum sound in the 10X when the TG2.4XP module is plugged in and powered on (in a quite room, Tx close to my ear). FWIW, the radio was switched to PPM mode. No such issue with the 12X.

So the question is, do I have a dud module 2.4GHz module in which case it should be replaced, or have others experienced this as well?

As far as I am concerned, I do not see why the original PCM modules were a perfect fit and this one is not. Country of manufacture perhaps?

Either the module is not wide enough, or it cannot sit into the module bay deeply enough (or both). Either one issue would cause the two securing tabs to not click into place.

Many Thanks in advance.

Last edited by HankScorpio; 02-17-2014 at 08:16 PM.